Chapter 2

(Edited)

Hey guys... Sorry I haven't updated in a while- I went to New Hampshire for a family emergency, and I had school, homework, and it's been a really busy week. I hope you dont mind that it gets just a little PG 13. and I hope you do enjoy chapter 2 though!

| Layla |
_______________

It was natural for New Hampshire to have wolves, right? It gets cold, there are plenty of trees and forest area, right?

But why did the woman wink at those eyes? A normal person doesn't just go and wink at eyes they see in the bushes. A normal person would have shrieked, or ran away in fear.

Lycaon was a strange town. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

'Should I stay?' I pondered in my head. 'Well, maybe I'll find something out...'

I quickly made the decision to follow the woman; at a large distance. I crept up from the park bench, and made my way over to the trail the the woman and her children disappeared on.

Looking around to make sure I wasn't visible, I shifted into a sparrow, and flapped my wings to get a better view. About 15 yards from where I had been, around a few turns, the woman was walking briskly with her children beside her. She was talking to them in a hushed voice.

"Jenna and Dean, I want you to stay away from that girl, okay? The one I was sitting next to? Do you know who I'm talking about?" The woman asked, her eyes wide and ready for an answer.

"Yes mommy. She was a funny human. She was weird." The girl, Jenna, giggled.

"Yes Jenna, her. She's new, and we don't get many new people here. I warned David, kids, and he was here in a flash. He didn't..." I didn't listen to the rest of what she said. Back on the the trail, along the outline of the woods, was an enormous reddish-black wolf; with emerald green eyes.

I nose dived down and landed lightly on the ground in the woods. I changed into my wolf, my black flecks looking as if ashes had fallen from the sky.

Staying downwind of the wolf, I planned to sneak up on him from behind, and gain the power over him.

Through the bushes, I saw the wolf gradually make his way on the outskirts of the forest. He didn't seem to care about being seen or heard - he lazily thumped through the undergrowth, leaving massive prints in his wake.

Using my speed, I ran behind him, and stood in a dominant position in front of him. My blue gaze must have shown challenge and dominance, because he looked surprised for a second. But his green eyes then flashed with anger.

I spoke to him angrily in my wolf language.

"Where is the rest of your pack, wolf?" I growled, standing with my paws spread apart.

His green eyes flashed with annoyance. "None of your business, rogue! Get off of my territory, or I will have my pack remove you."

"Loner! You have no pack. Why do you stay near that park? Are you planning on eating those human pups for dinner? I can assure you, you will not!" I snarled. That was not the reason he had been there, I could feel it. Bolting forward, I pounced and found my claws piercing into his skin.

The male wolf yowled in frustration, and lashed out with one paw. He sent me reeling to the ground.

But I would not be defeated. I bit at his paws, and knocked his feet out from under him. When he was on the ground, I stood dominantly over his body, his exposed underbelly the only reason he didn't move.