the one with the jungkooooook

imma give y'all a double update coz this chapter is a bit short
ー▪︎•▪︎ー

You stood staring at the ground, breathing ragged and shallow.

Personal conflict was one thing you couldn't stand. It was a bit weird how you could handle other people conflicts as a lawyer but not your own personal conflicts.

Your and Namjoon's parents used to argue a lot over Namjoons choice of career and it traumatised you a bit.

"Jungkook i'm so sorry he- I didn't know he would take it so-" stuttering and loss of your train of thought hit you. Tightness grew in your chest.

You hung your head, your hands and fingers numb as you leant back against the wall behind you.

"Are you okay?" he said, getting up from the floor and approaching you quickly.

"I..."

He hugged you tightly, knowing you needed it.

"I'm so sorry" you mumbled out, gripping his shoulders as tight as possible.

Tears ran from your eyes.

"No, it's fine. Why are you crying?" he said pulling his head back to look at you.

"He hit you... its like Jongin all over again-"

"Hey, hey, hey, look at me, I'm fine, you're fine, we are still here together. It's all okay."

"I don't want him to take you away from me..." you said as you pulled him even closer so you mumbled into his collarbone.

He was shocked not only by having a fist hit his face minutes ago but also your clinging and crying form in result of it.

"Jungkook, don't leave me, please..." you mumbled and the two of you rocked side to side together for a few minutes in silence.

Your heart rate was dropping back to normal by now. The initial shock was fading.

"Are you o-okay?" you asked, the okay stuck to your throat a bit.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concerned with the reason for the little puddles that had formed on the floor.

"I'm fine now... s-sorry" you replied, catching your breath a bit still.

You embraced each other still.

His chest was cold but his face was hot against the side of your head.

He tightened his arms around your waist, pulling you right against him even more as if he missed you.

"How's your face?"

"It'll bruise but it's fine. Hyung can't really punch."

"You could've blocked his punch, you're good at boxing."

"Well I had to make sure it wasn't a dream."

"You mean a nightmare."

"No, that went better than I thought. Jin said Namjoon Hyung would chop me into small pieces and eat me, remember?" he was serious, thinking Jin hadn't been exaggerating at all.

You laughed. Pained.

"Good point. How about we get you some ice?"

"Can't you just kiss me better?" a smirk surfaced as he looked at you.

"I'd love to but i think you need a shirt and ice. Anyway, my kisses aren't magic."

"You're still shaken up, aren't you?" he asked as you started to lead him to the kitchen to acquire a bag and teatowel.

"Jungkooooook," you cooed, annoyed, "I don't want to think about this morning's events up until now."

"What happened?" Jin asked the clearly distressed Namjoon.

"I hit him." Namjoon sighed out, throwing his head back against the headrest as his hands rubbed his thighs frantically.

"Who? You hit someone?" Jin asked.

Namjoon nodded before groaning.

"Jungkook?" Jin questioned and Namjoon looked over at his hyung.

"How did you k- Does everyone in the group know?" Namjoon said subtly hiding his rage.

"Ah~ Namjoon, don't be mad. The maknae really is good to your sister."

"Is that why they are up there sleeping together?"

"Like only sleeping or," he thrusted his hips a bit in his driver's seat and Namjoon rolled his eyes, "Can we just go home?"

"Ok." Jin said and started the car.

"Where's the ice?" he asked as you held a clear zip-lock bag and a blue tea towel.

"We have to go to the ice machine." you said casually.

"Don't you have ice in your fridge?"

"No, I haven't got as much money as you think, I just made this huge purchase."

"Of what?"

"You're so lucky that you're hot and that I like you so much."

"Are you calling me stupid?"

"Maybe..." you said as you both exited your apartment door, going to the ice machine before returning.