Chapter 25~ I'll

Have you ever had that uncle or aunt that never seems to stop talking? They're probably short, with greying hair and a wide smile that starts to get annoying after staring at it for over twenty minutes. Annoyed was the word I was feeling right now as I watched aunt Riley's mouth move up and down now, droning on and on about a topic I had lost track of.

"So it would be great if you could have your husband paint the family portrait, I heard he's really expensive to hire, dear me. You'll put in a good word for us, won't you, dear," aunt Riley said, talking so fast that I wondered how I could even hear that fast. "He won't charge his wife's family much, will he?"

"I'm sure if you talk to him yourself, he'll accept--" I tried to put in but was unsurprisingly cut off again.

"You should talk, he'll listen to you. I called his agent the other day and the price was outrageous. But he's quite talented and no one can do it like him because--"

"I have no idea how his bookings are and--"

"I was thinking we could use that old portrait of all of us as the sample that --"

"Aunt Riley, please go talk to him yourself." I groaned loudly, leaning against the wall and wishing it would swallow me whole and far away from her. We had organized a little party for mom to celebrate her successful operation and I've been bugged nonstop by different family members. I barely even knew half of them was the crazy part.

I came here with Gerard(it was funny how I had unconsciously dropped the nickname I gave him) and he was currently nowhere to be found. I scanned the living room and almost yelled in happiness when I spotted him walk in, completely absorbed in deep conversation with Lance. I had no idea those two discussed honestly and it seemed really odd, neither of them had ever mentioned it to me.

What?!

I stared at their lips for a few seconds, trying to get an inkling of what my best friend and my husband were discussing and was mildly annoyed when I realised they were conversing in Korean.

I seriously needed to learn another language.

They were both frowning as though arguing, looking visibly annoyed with Lance gesticulating wildly like he always did whenever he was annoyed. My frown deepened. A little cough reminded me that I was supposed to be listening to aunt Riley, I pushed the unlikely duo from my mind and turned to her.

"Umm...aunt Riley, look he's over there. Just tell him I sent you," I pleaded, pointing in his direction and desperately wanting to get her off my back. She glanced in the direction I was pointing at and sighed.

"I suppose I could try." She patted down her floral patterned dress, reaching up to brush strands of her greying hair. "He's rather very good looking, isn't he?" She whispered, a tinge of hue staining her cheeks.

Save me!

I excused myself from her and ran off in the opposite direction as fast as I could. There was always the possibility that she would come looking for me again. I stared at the people talking on the open balcony and felt all the stress of organizing this whole thing dissipate slowly.

Stress could be helpful sometimes, it makes you forget to worry about some things that just keep bugging the mind.