Chapter 7~ Me

"Rina, for the last time, I don't want to hear about the disgusting mole on your back," Lance said, visibly irritated. I pouted before turning my back away from the laptop screen and flopping onto the bed, staring at the screen where Lance had turned his attention back to his phone.

After the other night's incident, I had confined myself to the hotel room and boredom was slowly killing me. I've spent the better part of the whole evening video chatting an extremely busy Lance. I didn't like bothering him whenever he was working, but who else could I possibly complain about my joke of a life to?

"I still think the mole is cute," I said after a few moments. "It has that little hair--"

Lance cut me off. "What did I just tell you? Besides, it's new year's eve and you're at the Caribbeans, shouldn't you be doing something...fun?" He trailed off suggestively without even looking at me.

I gave him a dry look, reaching up to run my hands through my hair and blow the wisps from my face. He was right, I should be doing something interesting.

And where did that almost lead you the other night? A small voice mocked at the back of my head.

I stood up, headed to my balcony and pulled open the sliding doors to reveal the spectacular beach view. There was a wild party going on by the beachside and I immediately remembered the chambermaid mentioning a party earlier, she had said it was an annual event like that. Plus, she probably wanted me out of the room too.

They were going to party into the new year and I could hear the loud music from even up here. I watched the party people and bit my lip before making my decision, I was going to join them and damn the consequences, besides, the warm weather was just calling my name.

"Chan!" I yelled, entering the room and staring at the screen where Lance was now jotting down something into a notebook. He was in India right now, on an assignment involving a drug gang and he looked absolutely tired, he had been up for a long stretch without sleep.

"What now?" He looked up at me with tired blue eyes.

"I'm going to a party."

"And that concerns me how?" He was looking back down at his notes while I rummaged my suitcase for an outfit.

I found the outfit, it was a strapless, high-low, a sheer white dress which was made of net like material. I changed into it and smiled in appreciation of my look. The front of the gown ended a few inches below my knees and the back trailed on the floor. I tied my hair into a messy bun and slipped on some beaded leather flip flops before walking into the bathroom to splash some water on my face.

"What do you think?" I asked, putting on a megawatt smile and standing in front of the laptop so Lance could see me clearly.

"What am I supposed to be seeing here?"

My smile slowly slid off and I glared at him until he gave a defeated sigh. He knew I obviously wanted him to comment on my appearance.

"Fine. You look nice, you always look nice, happy now?"

"Very. I'll talk to you later." I moved to disconnect the call. "I love you, Lance." Lance was the only guy I could say those words to, he was more or less my blood and without him, my life would have been worse.

"Love you too, Rina, you know that," he told me, running his hand through his dark hair and looking up at me. "Hang in there, everything is gonna be fine."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded in reply before disconnecting the call.

I really hoped he was right.