Chapter 13~ If

I clambered out of the passenger seat of my car, caught the key Lance tossed my way and stashed it into my blue denim jeans pocket before running up to catch up to him. He slowed his pace for me to catch up as I jogged up to him while heavily breathing.

Guess who needed to hit the gym?

I stared up at the huge building where we were supposed to spend the whole evening with mixed feelings as I remembered the number of times these people had me over for dinner.

Lance's parents were one of the nicest people you could ever meet and I often found myself envying their perfect family. It always seemed funny to me that nature always provided replacements for my real parents. They hadn't always lived in his huge house, they lived in a more modest apartment when we were younger but when all their kids grew up and Papa Chan passed on, they moved to this apartment on the outskirts of town.

All of Lance's siblings were around, and they were having some sort of small reunion and I permanently invited to any of their family events, I was family too.

"Dude," I breathed out, clutching his arm for support. "I'm so out of shape. How did that even happen?"

"You were never in shape to start with," he scoffed, walking and supporting my dead weight at the same time.

"Tell that to my sexy body," I smirked, standing upright and flipping my curly, black hair. "I'm a thick goddess."

"Lord save me," he sighed dramatically, He looked really nice in his black dress shirt lying untucked in his black dress pants and blue tie hanging loose, with his straight, dark hair brushed away from his face. "What's with you and calling your fatness thickness?"

"It is thickness." I smoothened down my hair. "It's not my fault you don't appreciate girls that have natural meat in all the right places. I'm a whole meal."

I heard him snort, extending his arm to hold my shoulder and leaning down to whisper in my ear. "Dude, one day I'm actually going to eat you and tell everyone you decided to run away."

I smacked his hand away from my shoulder, laughing. He was probably dressed this way because he didn't want mama Chan to talk, the Lord knew she found every opportunity to get on his case. Even I made sure to wear my black turtleneck over my jeans, just in case I got a lecture about showing off too much skin too.

"You're just jealous of me. Like, have you seen my ass?"

"Several times, unfortunately," he muttered quietly, with an eye roll. "I wish I could unsee that thing."

"Because it's so sexy and big?"

"Oh God save me."

"I'm probably out of shape because I've not been laid in a long time," I commented, climbing up the flight of stairs leading up to the door. "I miss screwing actually."

"How does sex affect your physical fitness?"

"Silly boy," I chided, raising a fist to knock on the door. "Sex is a form of exercise where the woman spre--"

He cut me off. "We're not having this conversation about your lack of a sex life on my parent's porch, please."

"So, later then." I winked. The door opened and we were crushed into a flurry of hugs by what seemed like the whole family.

Lance had three siblings; Lee was the oldest and he was married with a child, Miriam was after and she was a lesbian, a fact that still pissed off her mom but she couldn't care any less, Lance was next and then, Miah was the youngest at sixteen.