2 | players

"Yeah, first rule, you do not wanna get played."

~+~

A n n i e

First week of school starts off great I guess. Except for the fact that I have a lot of homework already.

"Come on, it's not a school night. Come over to my house tonight." Lauren tells me.

"Maybe." I tell her as I take another spoonful of the cafeteria food. "I'll think about it."

"Jeez, you do like that stuff, don't you?" Maddie asks me.

I look up at her. "Yeah, whatever this is, my stomach's liking it."

"Yeah, I've been in this school for more than a decade and I still have no clue what kind of food the school feeds us." Jayden tells me.

"Wait, this could be bad for me?!" I ask them terrified.

"Relax, Ann's, I'm sure it's edible. And safe to eat." Maddie reassures me.

"Okay, I'm not in the mood to finish this anymore." I push my tray away from me.

"Sorry," Jayden tells me before a group of boys walk through the cafeteria.

My eyes follow them wherever they walk to.

"Earth to Annie." Lauren says, snapping her finger in front of my face.

"W-who are those?" I ask not leaving eye comtact with the group of boys.

"I'd rather not talk to them." Jayden spat out causing me to look at her.

"What? Why?" I asked in this child-ish tone.

"They are the school's players. You do not want to meet them." Lauren explains.

"Yeah, first rule, you do not wanna get played." Maddie states.

"But they look cute." I say looking back at the group of boys.

"Every girl in the whole school thinks they're cute, Ann's. Everyone." Jayden reassures.

"Yeah, and?" I ask.

"She's not getting it, is she?" Maddie tells Lauren as Lauren shakes her head no.

"Me getting what?" I ask.

"This." Jayden gestures around the table. "And that." Jayden gestures towards the group of boys.

"What's wrong? They look so innocent. And they probably have girlfriends..." I tell them.

"They're players. They never have girlfriends. They never love. They just flirt and will keep flirting. And, they just want to be in your pants." Jayden tells me.

"And, Ann's, as the newest kid in this school, we do not wanna hurt you, your feelings or feel the pain most girls in this school felt." Maddie states.

"Yeah, and no offense, since you are the new kid, they would want to be in your pants more." Jayden adds.

"I get it." I tell them.

"Just please, stay away from them." Maddie pleaded me.

"Yeah. I promise." I tell them with a little disappointment in my face. They look so cute tho.

~+~

"I knew I would make you come." Lauren tells me. (a/n: get your dirty minds elsewhere-)

"Let's just get this over with." I tell Lauren as she opens her front door.

"Hey Laur- oohh, who's the hot chick?" This dude asks looking at me walking towards Lauren.

"My best friend. Not your toy." Lauren says before grabbing my hand and pulling me upstairs, towards what I'm guessing is her room.

"Who was that?" I ask Lauren in a bit of a shock for calling me a 'hot chick'.

"That's my brother." Lauren tells me as she rolls her eyes.

"Wait, you have a brother? Yoy never told me you had a brother." I tell her.

"Well, you two officially know each other. Congrats." Lauren states.

Note the sarcasm.

"What's wrong? Why does it look like you hate him so much?" I ask her.

"He's my brother, Ann's. He could do anything. Yeah, he was kinda mean to me but he never lost hope to protect me. And I'm thankful for that. But, sometimes, it's just too much." Lauren tells me.

"What does it have to do with this whole thing?" I ask her getting a glare in return.

"Didn't you hear him earlier? He wants you, Annie." She paused for a moment giving me the time to think and realize. "I'm sorry but, I'm not letting you get hurt by my brother."

"But he seems cool." I spat out getting another glare from her.

"He looks cool now." Lauren tells me. "He was a player before, Ann's. He said he wanted to change and he did. But what if the past comes back? And he hurts you?" Lauren asks me.

"Well, what would you do to him? You're his sister. And my best friend." I reassured.

And then there was silence.

"Forget it, Ann's. Just promise me, you won't go out looking for a boy who'll just hurt you and shatter your heart into a million pieces." Lauren tells me, breaking the silence.

"I may have known you for about only a week but for that, I'm giving you my trust Ann's." She added as I nod.

"Of course. But, why would I find someone who I know would just break my heart?" I ask her