1 | new kid

"I have a feeling we'll be all best friends!"

~+~

J o h n n y

"Johnny!" My sister, Lauren, yells for the fifth time from the living room.

"What?" I yell back with an annoyed tone.

"You better get off that bed! We'll be late for school!" She yells back.

"But I don't want to go to school!" I say before laying back down on my bed.

Then my door bursts open, entering an angry Lauren, walking up to me, causing me to sit up. "You are getting off that bed. I don't wanna be late and you're my only hope."

"You can walk." I say as I go through my phone. "You have two legs, right?"

"Johnny!" She yells at me.

"Lauren!" I mimicked her as she rolls her eyes.

"Please..." she paused for a few seconds. "F-for me?"

"Ehh?" I gave her a 'im not convinced' look.

"W-what if a boy tries to do things t-to me and, and y-you're not there?" She tells me.

My eyes shot up from my phone, looking at Lauren.

And there was silence. A short silence.

"You win this time, Lauren." I say standing up grabbing my bag and fixing my hair through the mirror.

~+~

A n n i e

My first day of school.

Really really nervous.

I feel like this school would be like any other school I've been.

You might be thinking.

Yes. In my whole life, I've been in more than 10 schools.

I'm guessing it's because my mom just couldn't make me stay in one school.

She said she wants me to make friends and not be the quiet girl I always am.

I'm also guessing it's my fault? That I'm not making friends?

Or it's because I just can't stand up for myself so I can live my life?

To have permanent friends.

"Sweetie, you'll be late for your first day if you don't come out of your room now." My mom tells me.

I sigh as I look myself in the mirror.

Am I ready?

Will I be okay?

Will I make friends?

"Sweetie," my mom knocks on my locked door.

Relax, Annie, it's sophomore. It'll be fine.