Chapter 5- Some Catching Up

"Thank you Erin for doing this, Zack's interview was great and I needed another for my class." said Lauren, as she opened her laptop and started a new document to write down her interview she was conducting Erin.

"I'm just happy to be here!" said Erin, excitedly.

"So let's start with the biggest news we've gotten in a while regarding the murders, Zack was the killer all along! Of course he hired someone to do all the dirty work, but how do you feel about all this?" asked Lauren.

"Well nothing's official yet, they're still trying to find who Zack was in contact with about the murders. But I honestly do feel safer now that it's all over. I have nothing to worry about anymore!" said Erin.

"I think we're all feeling a lot safer now that the killer has been caught. Were you surprised about this outcome?" asked Lauren.

"Honestly, no. If it had to of been one of us who was to go on a murderous rampage, it would totally be him. It was honestly just a matter of time. He's always been a little crazy, this just seems fitting."

"Agreed. The rest of us are all so normal. So now what? You're free, what are you going to do?" asked Lauren.

"Honestly, I'm not to sure. I'm just gonna appreciate every moment I have, because nothing's guaranteed. If there's one thing I learned from all this, I guess it would be that." replied Erin. After a few more questions, Erin left Lauren's house and went over to Michael's house. Michael's parents were out with their son Cole, so the house was left to just Erin and Michael.

"How was the interview?" asked Michael.

"Good. I just feel guilty about it." said Erin.

"Why? We have nothing to be guilty about. It's over, Zack's the killer, end of story. We have nothing to worry about." said Michael.

"I know, I'm just being all weird I guess."

"You are." agreed Michael. Erin rolled her eyes and got annoyed at his comment. "What?! You said it yourself I'm just agreeing with you!" Michael had a tendency to always say the wrong thing to Erin.

"Exactly!" said Erin. "You're not supposed to agree!" Before Michael could give some stupid reply, his parents came home.

"Michael, what are you doing? Clean up the house moron! Erin, my son's a retard." said Mike, as he walked into the house.

"I agree." said Erin.

"Oh, so you can call me retarded but I can't call you weird?" exclaimed Michael.

"Michael, I don't know why you're getting so annoyed with me. You know what I can and will do." said Erin, ominously.

"Yeah, ok. Whatever Erin." said Michael.

"Whatever is right, I;m going home." said Erin, as she stormed out of the house. She had enough of Michael's nonsense.

"Nice one retard. Did you hear about the serial killer? Can you believe the killer was Zack?" said Mike.

"No." replied Michael. "Not at all." As Erin drove back down to her house in Brick, she decided to call an old friend of hers named Stan. Stan and her had a few flings back in highschool before Erin and Michael started to make things official in their relationship, and Erin wanted to move on from Michael and go back to him. Stan picked up the phone and Erin asked him if he'd like to meet up that night. Michael bated when anyone brought up Erin and Stan's past relationship, and Erin knew that. She knew how to piss him off easily.

"I just need to forget about Michael right now, I'm so done with him." explained Erin.

"Alright I can go out as long as you can drive me." said Stan.