Prologue

Prologue

Paige sat in her bedroom trying to find a movie to watch. The house was silent. Her brothers, Zack and Andrew, were both at work, and her mom was out taking their dog Sunny to the vet. Her dad was at work as usual. Paige was completely home alone. Or at least, she thought she was , but let's be real she's totally not alone this is the opening scene to a horror story of course someone's trying to kill her. Paige got up to go make herself popcorn. She put a bag into the microwave and decided to turn on the movie Scream. If you can't see where I'm going with this yet, I'm disappointed.

Suddenly, her phone rang. Paige picked up her phone and looked to see who it was, however the call was coming from a blocked number. Obviously Paige ignored the call. A few minutes later, her phone rang again. Once again, she ignored the call. When her phone rang again a third time, Paige finally answered the phone. "Hello?" said Paige.

"Hello. Who is this?" said the voice from the phone. The voice was deep and grovely, and sounded distorted.
"I think you have the wrong number. I'm sorry." said Paige, as she hung up the phone. She knew she shouldn't have answered it in the first place. The microwave beeped, which caused Paige to jump, as her nerves were high from the strange call. She calmed herself down, and grabbed her popcorn, leaving her phone at the table. Once again, her phone rang. Paige turned around sharply and stared at her phone before running over and picking it up. "Why do you keep calling me? Don't make me call the police." snapped Paige.

"I just want to talk."

"Well, you're not going to talk to me." replied Paige.

"We're talking right now. I just want to ask you some questions, you answer them, and we can both move on. How does that sound?"

"What kind of questions?" asked Paige.

"What's your favorite movie?" asked the voice.

"What? I don't know. I don't have one." said Paige.

"Oh come on, everyone has a favorite movie."

"What's yours?"

"Guess."

"Ok, I'm gonna hang up now. This is weird. Bye." said Paige, as she hung up the phone. Paige threw her phone down onto the table and got ready to run from the house. Suddenly, her phone rang again.

"Don't hang up on me again bitch." snarled the voice.

"Who is this and what do you want from me." asked Paige.

"I just want to play a game. A trivia game." whispered the voice.

"Trivia? About what? I'm not good at trivia." replied Paige.

"Well you better hope you know the answers to these questions. Someone's life just might be riding on it. Check your back deck. Now." said the voice. Paige stayed on the phone and went to the back door. She opened the blinds and looked out onto the deck to see her boyfriend Connor tied up in a chair, beaten and bruised, staring back at her. Connor was trying to scream, but his mouth was taped over by a heavy layer of duct tape. Paige screamed and dropped her phone. She quickly scooped it back up and waited for the voice to say something. Yeah, this is literally a frame by frame recreation of the opening scene from Scream. "You ready to play? The rules are simple. Get it right, and he lives. You lose, and he dies. Category is horror movies. Fitting, right?"

"You're sick." cried Paige. "What's the question."

"Question one will be a warm up round. A little bit of practice. What movie is this entire scheme based on?" asked the voice.

"Scream! Duh, I'm literally watching it now." replied Paige, hastily, as she began to pace around the house. She has a tendency to pace when she got nervous.

"Good, now onto the real game. Your first question is simple, who was the killer in Friday the 13th? Take your time, Connor's life depends on it."

"Easy! Jason! The guy with the hockey mask!" said Paige.

"Wrong, sorry." said the voice.

"What?! I know for a fact it's Jason! It's literally like, an iconic movie villain."

"Right, he is an iconic movie villain. From Friday the 13th 2! His mother was the original killer, and he didn't even wear the hockey mask until the third installment. Sorry Paige, better luck next time. Looks like you couldn't save your sweet innocent boyfriend." said the voice. From outside, Paige could hear the sounds of Connor being brutally stabbed to death. The muffled screams weren't enough to cover up the sound of the knife being plunged in and out of Connor's body.

"Shit!" cried Paige, as she ran back to the backdoor. Once again, she swung open the blinds on the door and looked out onto the deck, where she saw Connor's now cut up, blood soaked corpse. Paige screamed and began to cry. "What the fuck is wrong with you!" she yelled into the phone.

"We still have one more question. This one's for you. Where am I watching you from?" asked the voice.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know that?! Aren't I like, supposed to not know where you are? Otherwise it defeats the purpose!" said Paige.

"Just guess."

"Fine! The back door where you killed Connor." said Paige.

"Wrong answer." Suddenly, Paige heard a loud crash from her bedroom. Someone climbed into her window and was running down the stairs. Paige swung open the her back door and ran as fast as she could. Also for thematic effect, it was thunder storming outside. Spooky! Paige slipped on the huge puddle of Connor's blood as she ran down the stairs of her deck causing her foot to get stuck in between the steps. She quickly wormed her way out as the strange figure in disguise chased after her. The person was wearing a red cloak and an all black mask. Paige continued to run as the person got closer to her. She reached the back gate and fumbled with the latch trying to get it open. Because of the rain, her fingers kept slipping. Finally she opened the latch and ran into the front yard.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE!" screamed Paige. She began to run faster into the front yard. Rain poured down harder and harder. She ran out into the road, the killer following right behind her. Suddenly a car came flying down the road running down the masked killer, killing him. Paige ran free.

The End.

Just kidding. Obviously that didn't happen, Paige continued to run from the killer. No one could hear her screaming over all the thunder. Lightning flashed all around her. "HELP!" screamed Paige once again, as the killer grabbed her hair and pulled her down to the ground. She slammed down with a splashy thud as rain continued to pour down on her. She caught glimpses of the masked murderer between lightning flashes as she screamed in horror. The killer was now straddled over her holding a knife directly above her head. Paige managed to land a punch to their head, causing them to slip off her momentarily, giving her a chance to run. She quickly began to dash away. She turned the corner at the side of her house and tried to run down the road, but slipped on a large puddle of muddy water. Paige face planted the ground. Once again the killer grabbed her, and held her face down in the mud puddle. Paige tried to scream but just kept swallowing more and more mud and water in between gasps for air. Finally, the killer drove the knife into the back of her head. Blood splattered everywhere, causing the once brown water to take on a deep red tone instead. As the knife was pulled out, more blood poured from her head. Lighting struck all around as the killer got up from his first victim, and disappeared into the night. Oh also Connor. Yeah he's dead too.

If this was a movie, there would totally be like some dramatic scary music and a title card here as the camera panned upwards into the storming night sky. I could totally see it, I hope you're all envisioning the same thing I am cause it's pretty big epic mode.