Chapter 35

"Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total sluts and no other girls can say anything about it." ~Mean Girls

Ryan's Halloween party was just as I expected. Maybe even better. His house was like a mansion and I could easily count 100 kids in costumes walking around.

"I'm glad you called me. You've been so..off lately." Bella stated, gleaming in her cop costume. Of course, it was a sexy policewoman costume that stuck tightly to her legs. I rolled my eyes at the comment. I didn't need another person telling me I'm "off". I don't want to hear it.

"I'm going to go find Jake." I replied and started scanning the crowd outside for him. He was coming in a lifeguard costume. Basically I had to look for a hot, shirtless guy. (Un)fortunately, there were so many.

"I'll go find Amanda and Kyle." She dove into the crowd outside as I made my way to the door to enter inside.

I pulled on the door and gasped as I walked in. There were chandeliers hanging with black and purple streamers. The house was decorated like a spooky haunted house and they went all out. A fog machine rolled fog over the floor, making it hard to see my feet.

On top of the amazing decorations, there was a lot of people. There was a whole room that had a dance floor and food set up. The hard part of finding Jake was that there were many, many rooms that people were partying in. There were a lot of doors and closets and tables.

"Oh my god." I muttered, still taking it all in. I walked over to the table of drinks and food and checked my phone. No missed texts or calls.

I placed it on the table and grabbed a drinking water. I wanted to remember tonight. Plus after the horrid experiences I'd had with drinking I'm sure I won't be drinking for a while.

"Hey Cameron." Someone called from behind me. I turned around and saw it was Roxy dressed in her S.W.A.T girl costume from the halloween store.

"Roxy." I replied flatly. They had deserted me with the cops and I got arrested. Not insanely happy about that.

"Looks like you found a new costume." She nudged to my cat costume.

"Yea well you know what happened. Or maybe you don't, seeing as you guys left me there." I snapped.

She just laughed. "Sorry but you would have done the same thing. I would've left anybody if it meant leaving without another mark to my record."

I rolled my eyes. Of course they would. "So you can stand here and mope or join us outside. Your choice." She shrugged and pursed her lips together.

Did I want to go? Or stay inside. Alone.

I glanced around one last time for Jake before reducing that he could wait a few minutes.

"Let's go." I shrugged and she grinned.

She led me through a back door and outside to the back of the massive house. I noticed that we were walking towards the group. I spotted Trevor, Jas, Sarah, and Jeremy.

"Roxy," Sarah scoffed. "I asked you to get me a drink, not pick up strays." The rest of them jeered with laughter and I narrowed my eyes. I thought we were past this.

"I missed your bxtchy humor." I sarcastically replied and that got a round of "ooo"s in the group. She just smiled and lit up a cigarette.

"Ignore her. Halloween is the time of the year where she is at her bxtchiest." Jeremy whispered to me as we leaned against a shed.

"Hey Cammie, did mommy bail you out of prison?" she said, baby talking me. "Let me guess? Took away your gold card for a week? Starbucks revoked for a week? No more massages or something?" She taunted.

"No!" I screamed but she kept firing.

"Did daddy buy you a new car?" Okay that was the last straw. bringing my dad into it, even though they don't know what.

I groaned and launched at her, pulling her pink weave. She fought back hard. I soon felt hands pull me off her and tell me to calm down.

"I'm going to text Jake to come." I snipped and reached for my phone but it wasn't there. What in the world? I must have left it at the drink table, I concluded and started walking back inside, but not before I heard Sarah tell Roxy, "If you are going to bring strays, make sure they are trained."

I entered the room again and fought my way through the crowds an  back to the spot I was at. I ran my hands over the table and then crouched down on my knees to the floor.

I looked up after searching a saw the one thing I've dreaded: I saw a girl in a wonder woman costume with Jake. And they were kissing.

Hey guys! sort for not updating I'm forever! I lost track of time so anyway thanks for reading. Love you all! :)

xoxo, callie <3