Chapter 24

"Oh my god Cammie!" He said and picked me up, hugging me. "I was so worried. Can we talk?" The look in his eyes makes me want to melt into his arms.

I nodded and we sat on my bench window. He was holding my hands and looking me in the eyes with his perfect green eyes.

"So," he said a little amused. "You want to tell me why you slapped Kyle and Amanda's father right before dinner?"

I closed my eyes and sighed, bracing myself to tell him. "He's not Kyle and Amanda's father. I mean I guess he kinda is," I said pondering the right words. I mean was he married as their step-father. I had assumed when they said "our dad" but I still didn't know what words to say or how to explain this. "But he's my father."

His worried expression changed to shock in 5 seconds. His tense eyebrows rose, his green eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly. "The one who-".

"Mhm." I said nodding and looking down. I didn't know what he was going to say. He pulled me back into his arms until I was leaning on him wrapped around his arms.

"It's okay. He deserves the slap." He said chuckling slightly. "Have you talked to Amanda or Kyle about this?"

I shook my head. "You and my mom are the only people I have talked to."

He nodded and pursed his lips together. "You need to talk to them."

I knew he was right but I still couldn't. Not right now. I had so many questions swimming in my mind. I sighed. "And say what? I'm sorry I slapped your new dad who's my old dad who left me to join a new rich family? I don't know what to do!" I said yelling.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'm just upset that he had to come and ruin everything."

He bent down and kissed me softly. "He didn't ruin us." He said making light of the situation.

I nodded and closed my eyes, drifting off into sleep, away from this world.

************************

I woke up to the sound of people talking downstairs. I got up and decided to change into a tank top and shorts. I walked downstairs to where my mom and Jake were talking with bella.

"Hey." She said giving me a giant, comforting hug. "I hope you don't mind that I'm here. I came to check on you. Kyle and Amanda wanted to come but Jake told me to tell them to wait."

She hugged me again longer. She didn't even know what happened, just that I was upset, and came to comfort me. That's what a true friend is and I was lucky to have her through all this.

"Would you guys like a snack? I'll bring out pretzels and chips and a movie." My mom said smiling. "Seems like you could use the relaxation time." She strutted off into a closet to get the things.

"What happened Cammie?" Bella said worried. Her brown hair was falling into her face but she was to worried to push them away. I noticed she was still in her outfit from dinner. I assumed she drove straight from there. It made me appreciate her more.

Jake and I explained what happened. She was in just as much shock as Jake. Her green eyes were bulging out when I finished.

"So does that mean you guys are siblings?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. I haven't spoken to them." I responded.

"You should." She suggested. "There could be more to this story than you know."

I sighed and nodded in agreement. "You're right. I need to find answers." I picked up my phone and dialed there number. Jake took the phone from me and told them to come over.

I was sitting with my legs folded on the couch. I was tugging at the hole in the flowered leather. This couch is so old. Everything here is so old. My mom came downstairs with her old attire changed into a new dress. She looked good.

"Hey Cam. I have somewhere to be, will you be alright here?" She asked grabbing her purse but holding my gaze.

"Yea, go have fun doing...?" I asked wondering where my mother was going so dressed up.

"An appointment." She lied and waved goodbye to Jake and Bella as she left.

I shrugged and leaned back. I'll figure out later I guess. I have too much now to worry about where my mother was having fun at.

I closed my eyes to enjoy the silent moment. No one was talking but it was not a awkward silence. It was a peaceful silence. One I needed.

Too bad it was only a minute later that I heard a knock at the door and realized they were here. We opened the door and they stepped inside.

"Cammie....."

Hey guys! Love you all for voting and reading! I can't believe I have 1.34k reads!❤️❤️

My goal by the end of this book is 5k but I doubt that will happen😂

New update tommrow I promise😊

Xo, Callie