Chapter 28

Every resemblance to my father was making me sick. My blonde hair and eyes. I felt a burst of adrenaline as I opened the door to the hair salon and heard a chim ring.

"Hi how may I help you?" A middle aged women with dark brown hair and red and pink streaks of dye greeted me.

"Hi. I want to dye my hair." I stated with courage. I didn't care how crazy my idea was. I felt as if I were in a trance. I couldn't think straight and didn't care.

I sat down in the cushion chair as the lady because to take out the color. Streak by streak she dyed it. I at least had some sense to do highlights not my full head. Just enough to look different.

When it was time to unwrap the strips she pulled them out. I smiled as I looked different but the same at the same time. My blonde hair was now a dirty blonde with freaks of blonde and brown layered my hair. I almost didn't recognize myself.

I went to the makeup department and was scanning through the isles of lush makeup and "must have" products. I grabbed a thick eyeliner and dark lipstick.

As soon as I bought it I went into their bathroom and applied them.

My eyeliner line, which normally was never straight because I never wore it, came out a thick perfectly straight line.

The dark lipstick went well with my paler complexion.

Now as I looked in the mirror, I really couldn't recognize the girl in the mirror. Many of you might think I'm crazy or going overboard but believe me, none of this will ever be enough to break any ties to my father.

********************************

After 2 hours of shopping for a new wardrobe, I finally returned home.

I walked up to my room with my newfound confidence. I looked different but right now it was hard to miss the old me.

I was sitting in my revolving chair facing my door. I heard a tap behind me and knew Jake was there wanting to talk.

I turned the chair to face him and his eyes widened in shock at who he saw. A pissed off girl with new hightlights, new makeup, and a new wardrobe.

He climbed over through our established rope and looked at me. "Cammie what happened?"

"You don't like?" I said frowning.

"No, no I mean yes I do like just its soo.." He said searching for the word as his eyes scanned up and down my body.

"Different?" I suggested.

He nodded and ran his fingers through my now dirty blonde hair.

"Still memorizing though." He said and my heart lept.

Feeling confident, I leaned up into him and kissed him. He was shocked at first but quickly responded kissing me back with passion. Our mouths opened slightly allowing our tongues to intertwine. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him, still making out with him. My head threw back and he started kissing my neck. He suddenly stopped and put me down.

I ran my fingers back through my hair. "What's wrong?" I asked slightly upset.

I got my answer when my mother opened the door. "Cammie, go to sleep." She stated flatly and noticed my new look. She took a deep breath and just kept walking.

I rolled my eyes and Jake came out from the closet where he was hiding. "You know it might be hard for me to keep up with your new sexy confidence." He teased but looked slightly serious.

I just smiled and watched him go back through the window.

I looked fresh and new. Like I've completely changed and moved on. I just hope my mind starts to soon.