Devil's Lament

-1944-

                         For eleven years the Radio Demon had been in Hell and during that time, Alastor and the Devil had become close, especially after certain events that solidified their friendship and as the Devil would be lost in his memories of the past.  He wondered why Alastor himself couldn't remember?  Did he not care or maybe there wasn't enough comparison between him and his human self?  Either way, he wanted to tell the other, he was just afraid of the reaction and so they would spend an evening at Mimzy's club one night, singing and dancing.  Alastor wasted no time and hopped onto the open stage to sing his favorite song, which Lucifer was all too familiar with, with all his heart. The demons in the place seemed amused, enjoying the Radio Demon's presence for once and not fleeing like they usually would.

"Hey, hobo man

Hey, Dapper Dan

You've both got your style

But Brother, You're never fully dressed Without a smile!"  Alastor swayed to the music while he sang, a wide smile on his face to reflect the joy he was feeling.  Upon seeing Lucifer stroll up to the stage to join him, coat and hat set aside, the deer grinned.  He took the Devil's hand and pulled him up onto the stage, Lucifer's grin was as wide as can be as the memories from his short time took him back.   Beginning to sing along with him knowing the words as well the two sang and danced for all to see as the Devil's heart ached more so for this mortal to remember him, sometimes he cursed himself for being greedy and wanting more.  Once the performance was done and the two were at the bar drinking together with Mimzy and Husk,

"Your Highness, might I ask why a royal immortal being such as yourself likes to hang around us mere common folk?   I've always wondered about it ever since Alastor here started bringing you around." Lucifer looked at Mimzy and remembered she was cautious with him as a mortal too when it concerned Alastor but then again he was the Devil.

"I find the company rather amusing, the club is nice and perhaps I might have visited Earth during the 1925s to learn and enjoy the culture of your realm."  Mimzy looked both confused and surprised as she looked at Alastor in amazement.  The deer gave the King an equally surprised expression.  Did he now?

"Is that so your majesty?  I wasn't aware of that!"  Alastor's smile widens and he leaned forward towards the Devil.  There was curiosity reflected in his crimson red eyes. "Might I ask where exactly you visited?"  The deer tilted his head to the side while looking down at his glass of whiskey, he hoped it was New Orleans.  Lucifer grinned as Alastor seemed to be curious, and as such he sipped his drink while looking at Husk.

"I don't quite remember the city but the music and lights were bright, met a bartender who made fun of my wardrobe.  Then a singer caught my attention and a wonderful song, he then proceeded to help me within the mortal world."  He looked at Alastor then, "He was pretty famous around those parts."  Lucifer's words lingered in Alastor's mind. The description, the people mentioned, it sounded so... familiar.  Trying to recall his past, he could see a scene playing out.  But it was blurry.  He couldn't see it clearly.  A pain went through the deer's head and he winced in response to it.  Placing his drink down, he began massaging his temple.

"What kind of ass would make fun of your clothes?" Husk asked as Lucifer shook his head chuckling, funny because it was Husk himself as a mortal who did as such.

"Mortals are funny that way but it was nice," he looked at Alastor concerned, "You alright Dearie?" Mimzy then asked,

"How did you get back to hell huh?" Lucifer stiffened as he held his chest,