Chapter 18

Jade POV
******************

I sat silently staring straight ahead of me waiting for a reply from him.

"Are you playing with me?" he asked not believing me.

"No, I really want to give us a chance."

"This is great news! Am so happy to hear this,"he said trying to give me a hug. I sat back in the seat so there was distance between us.

"Why don't we just go slow? Start as friends and see where this go," I finished and he nodded his head.

"Am up for anything as long as I have you in my life," he replied.

"To be honest I don't really feel the love I had for you. It's more of a like you because I have to. You are my daughters father after all" I spoke bluntly and I could tell that he was a bit shocked by how I said it.

"I really hope we can go back to how we were before all this drama," he responded and I tried my best not to reply with a bitchy comeback.

"That you started," I said under my breath.

"Did you say something?" He asked looking back up to me making sure we made eye contact.

"No" I shook my head while raising from my sitting position.

"You just made my day. I am so happy I didn't do anything or make any rash decisions," I waited for him to finish speaking.

I walked out the office with Nick in tow. I passed by the new assistant who is alot more friendlier than the one back in California. "Hey" I greet her.

"Hey Ms. White," she said smiling. She was very respectful and knew when to stay in her place and not give her input unlike the last one.

"So I'll text you the details of how this is gonna go," I said as I entered my blue Lamborghini.

"Okay I'll be looking forward to it," Nick was on cloud nine right now. The huge grin that was on his face was something that I had to get use to seeing. The last few days neither of us barely smiled in each other's presence.

I connect my phone and start playing Cardi b Press. This song was for his ex fiancee Sharon in general. I have found her snooping around the restaurant and had to have her remove a few times.

Bitches be pressed (pressed)
They knew how I'm coming, real bitch in the flesh (woo)
Who the fuck she gon' check? (Who?)
She be talking that shit, talkin' out of her neck (brr)
Put blood on her dress (woo)
Bitches be mad when they see Cardi step in the spot (whoa)
Said that you 'bout it, we know that you not
I'ma pull up on bitches as soon as I drop
Bought a new foreign, I might cop a yacht (skrrt)
Bitches in my business, they tryna plot (woo)
Hoes poppin' shit like they hot but they not (no)
Just flooded the wrist, the Patek, the watch (whoa)
Manbe flexing, we know what you got
Cardi done had got the game in a knot
Fuckin' your man I got him on lock
This go bang bang like I'm choppin' them chops
Vvs chain, I'm in love with the rocks (whoa)
You said you gon' take it, bitch, you got me chopped (whoa)
They throwin' shade 'cause they see me on top
Tell that bitch to pull up, I'ma send you the drop

I rapped to  the song until another song came on.

Once I got to my restaurant and went to my office and signed all the pay cheques before issuing them.

"So I have some great news," I announced to everyone. They could see the big smile on my face so theirs turned to that of excitement.

There was a chorus of "what's up?" or "what is it?"

"So our restaurant has officially moved up to a 5- star restaurant and..." I waited for the excitement to die down a bit before I spoke again.

"We have a new branch in Houston. We have officially signed with a few companies and we are moving forward. Our next branch is set to open in California in one of the Smiths property that was made legally ours after we signed the business deal," I finished and there were cheers and clapping all around.

"So are we gonna celebrate or what?" I heard my loud mouth Best friend scream.

"Yup we are totally celebrating. Don't worry the pay will be the same although you won't work for 4 hours. Go and have fun!" I shouted. I closed the restaurant for the rest of the day and the only people inside edge my employees. There were cars outside and they edge disappointed since they wanted to eat in.

We had a few drinks but not enough to get anyone drunk.

Around 8:30 we started cleaning up and soon everyone was leaving.

"See you the tomorrow," Lily kisses my cheek before heading to her car. Lily went back to her apartment after saying that she had plans. She also didn't want others picking her up from Antonio's house.

Lily's apartment was small in a sense, it would not have been able to fit both the girls, lily and I.

I did a quick look around before going to my garage. Nick's parents had the girls while he was at work so I didn't have to worry about going to get them until tomorrow.

"Bye Roger," I said to my security guard as I head out the back entrance. He went and did a look over at the insides and since he would be the last one leaving, he had the option if he wanted left over food or not.

I hit the button on my car and the sound came on. The car started and I opened the door to get in.

Before I could sit, I was hit in the back of the head and everything went black.

Who do you think is behind this? Let's see what will happen next.