24. Random 'Betrayal' Extract

I found a small extract that I wrote for Sasuke... Has a Sister?! & Betrayal, which is abandoned now, but here:

Hey, this book is messy shit so random things are gonna be uploaded.

I was watching Teen Wolf and came across this one scene. It instantly reminded me of Shizuku and the Naruto characters, so I made this.

I do not own the words that they are saying. That all belongs to Teen Wolf. But Shizuku and my own characters belong to me!

~Wolfie

I stared up at my psychologist, she was a woman with light brown hair which was let loose, she looked up at me with light coloured eyes

"Now, let's get back to you."

They thought that I should go to her once every week, to get over my problems and to find a productive way to let loose some steam. I don't know why they told me to. But they assumed I had problems. Which I kind of did.

"Shizuku?"

I looked up at her and made eye contact with her for the very first time.

"I'm fine."

She stared at me, not believing one word of it. I turned my head to the wall.

"Well, aside from the not sleeping, like Gaara. The jumpiness. The constant overwhelming crushing fear like something terrible is about to happen to the people I love." I said calmly.

"It's called hyper vigilance." She answered. "The persistent feeling of being under threat. Maybe by Sasuke? Maybe by the Akatsuki?"

I ignored her later suggestions. "It's not just a feeling though. It's like a panic attack. It feels like I can't breathe."

"Like you're drowning?" She questioned.

I nodded silently. "Yeah."

"So, if you're drowning," She looked up at me and leaned on the table in front of us. "And you're trying to keep your mouth closed until that very last moment."

"But you open your mouth anyway." I said. "It's a reflex."

She shook her head, "But if you hold off until that reflex kicks in. You have more time right?"

I stared at her, not knowing where this was going. "Not much time."

"But more time to fight your way to the surface."

I glanced at her, "I guess."

She nodded, "More time to be rescued."

My eyes narrowed at her, "You mean more time to be in agonizing pain. I mean did you forget about the part where you feel like your head's exploding?!"

She stayed calm. "If it's about survival, isn't a little agony worth it?"

My eyes dimmed, and my gaze slowly fell to the ground. "What if it just gets worse? What if... its agony now, and then just hell later on?"

She allowed a small smile to grace her face. "Then think about what I'm going to say."

I looked back up at her. She looked right into me, right into my soul.

"If you're going through hell."

My eyes widened and I found my strength and self-worth reappearing.

"Keep going."