17. The Jinchuuriki Swap! (Naruto & Gaara)

"I'd like to request a crack chapter of Kurama and Shukaku switching Jinchuuriki - feveious."

Your wish is my command - Wolfie

Gaara, the Kazekage of Suna, didn't know why he agreed to do this

It wasn't everyday where he was standing next to his best friend, Naruto, staring down at their two Tailed Beasts. The tanuki and fox were in their small, physical forms, looking back up at them expectantly, as if they already knew that they won the argument.

"Yes, yes, yes, I know Shukaku is more useful to you since you live in the desert, Gaara." Kurama, in his fluffy form flicked his tails haughtily. He gave a Cheshire-like grin and snickered. "But that doesn't matter because I think it'll be fun, you're both going to stay in Uzushio for the day anyway!"

Gaara shook his head, "Absolutely not." Kurama looked up with puppy-dog eyes, which was funny because he really wasn't a dog. "You're too loud. Too much for me to handle."

At this, Naruto barked out a laugh, "See Kyuu, only I can handle your dumb ass."

Kyuubi was about to spit out a reply when Shukaku sighed, "I did not agree to this either, I don't want to do this." He shot a glare at Kyuubi, who started whistling innocently. "But someone here beat me in a bet, so I need to comply. Tailed Beasts don't break their words."

"Once you became normal and started talking nicely, that was hard enough." Gaara raised a hand. "I don't need a fox who just wants to get up to mischief and won't stop blabbing on for the whole day."

Naruto nodded slowly and put his hands behind his head, "Hmm, guess we really are matched for each other Kyuu." He grinned at the tanuki, "It's time for us to get acquainted, Shu."

"Shu? Oh fuck no-" Kurama jumped up and kicked Shukaku's angry face. "Ow!"

Kurama blew out a sharp puff of air as he landed back onto the ground. He wanted to start this experiment already, he wanted to know how life was with a different host - not because he didn't love Naruto, but because Gaara was simply different. Calmer, he guessed. But he wanted to convert the Kazekage into a sneaky little prankster, just like his real host.

"Swearing is really bad, Shukaku." Kurama shook his head disapprovingly, "You would get along with that Jashinist, Hidan. Yikes, no wonder you made Gaara go insane."

They were loitering around a tree when Kurama had come up with the idea. He never noticed it before but Shukaku could occasionally really be insane, so maybe that was why Gaara used to be insane. And Kurama, as a fox, was generally disobedient and mischievous, so maybe that's why Naruto was the same.

"I think it'll be fun." Naruto turned to his friend and brushed his hand with his own, then softly held Gaara's hand, looking into his eyes. "Please?"