22. Entertain Me - SasuNaru Short AU

New chapter of Is This Crack!

I started writing a Naruto AU but lost interest, so here's chapter 1 of it! Maybe I'll pick it up sometime in the future?

Enjoy this random chapter!

~Wolfie

Entertain Me - Chapter 1

Sasuke was a playboy; everyone knew that. He had dated more people than he could count, each person usually lasted a couple of days, or a week at most. It wasn't their fault – well, Sasuke would say that it was.

The people that he had been with let him down. Let him down in the way that he thought it would be different this time, but it never was. They were boring. Every single one of them.

He didn't intentionally try to break people's hearts, but it just happened when he got... tired of their normalcy.

He didn't ever feel the 'spark', or gush of passion when he was intimate with the girls and boys that he dated, the only reason that he even accepted their confessions was because he wanted to get the feeling that Itachi referenced whenever he spoke about Deidara, his fiancé.

"So, who's next?" Shikamaru, who was Sasuke's best friend, asked while leaning back on a chair, staring at his wooden desk, not being bothered to make eye contact because it was obvious who he was talking to.

They were alone, preferring to eat by themselves in the air-conditioned classroom rather than wasting time in the strong glare of the sun.

Shikamaru didn't like talking to people that he didn't know; small talk was a waste of time in his opinion, also, he could relax and have naps in the classroom – the teachers knew he was intelligent, so they left him alone.

Sasuke held his head up with the palm of his right hand, tilting his head slightly and chewing on the lid of the pen in his other hand. He paused from worrying the lid just long enough to pop a mint into his mouth and clamp his tongue and top of his mouth around it.

The sound of loud laughing exploded in the corridor and the Japanese style classroom door slid open. Sasuke had to stop himself wincing when the personification of the sun turned his head from the side and met eyes with Sasuke.

The blond boy instantly frowned. "Nope!" He yelled and slid shut the door.

Presumably, he then grabbing Kiba's wrist – who was next to him, but Sasuke didn't pay much attention to the brown-haired boy – and dragged him away from the room altogether. The two black haired boys heard loud receding footsteps slowly fading, and knew then that Kiba and Naruto were gone.

"As per usual," Shikamaru muttered, "He's avoiding you."

Sasuke hummed in agreement, sighing mentally as had given up hope of them ever talking again. Sasuke and Naruto used to be best friends. But that dramatically changed then they were fourteen years old, worrying about girls and homework in Sasuke's bedroom.

Naruto had questioned Sasuke on how he could possibly receive so many love letters and confessions, in comparison, he said, he felt like he was invisible. The Uchiha reprimanded the blond and told him that he was being ridiculous, because to him, everyone was invisible except Naruto.

Blushing and giggling, the boys started wondering about intimacy. Naruto wanted to ask Sakura to be his girlfriend, but didn't know the first thing about intimacy and in specific, kissing.

The black haired Uchiha didn't know anything either, so reluctantly, they decided to try it out.

It was just a small peck, but it felt like it lasted for numerous minutes. They didn't move their lips or touch each other, just a small innocent touching of lips which was suddenly concluded by Naruto snapping his eyes open and standing up with a red flushed face, then running out of the house.

That was the last time that they spoke properly, and Sasuke didn't even know what he did wrong. Both boys agreed to partake in the kiss, so what was the problem? Naruto never explained, and instead just avoided Sasuke like the plague for years.

In reality; the issue bothered Sasuke for a long time, but now he was over it to the point that he hardly even thought about the times that they swung together on the swings, held hands while they waited in line for Mikoto Uchiha to collect all the groceries, or laughed while watching anime, snuggled in one sleeping bag-

Hm, maybe he wasn't over their broken friendship.

"Oi."

Sasuke snapped out of his trance and slowly turned his head and was met with Shikamaru's smug expression. "Any ideas?" The Nara's amused tone of voice made it seem as if he already knew the answer. And to be honest, Sasuke had already decided on it.

He smirked and lay down the chewed-up pen onto the desk. Sasuke knew chewing pens was a disgusting habit, but after staring at Naruto during classes, it felt natural to do something while sitting still – plus, who was going to tell Sasuke Uchiha to stop doing something?

He extended his hands and pushed himself up from the chair. Rolling his shoulders back and exhaling, he turned to look at his friend with a raised brow.

"Yes." Sasuke smirked and grabbed his backpack, which was full of specific folders for his subjects, and the homework that was due in.

He nodded goodbye to Shikamaru as he walked out of the door, and all he heard was a quiet and low chuckle from his friend behind him.

Pulling out his phone from his pocket, he dialled and held it up to his ear and started walking down the corridor. A few teachers glared at his direction for using his phone so visibly in school, but he ignored them as they wouldn't stop him anyway.

"Itachi?" He spoke as soon as he knew that his call was answered.

"Hey little brother, aren't you in school?"

Sasuke smirked, "I need your help."

Hope ya enjoyed, anything else you want me to write?