s i x t e e n » jaelon

It's been eight nights and nine mornings, including this one. I would say nothing has changed in those few days, but I would be lying to no one but myself. Other than the remarkable change in weather, Cameron was found around more often, which was a big disadvantage, really. It had been almost a week since I've seen Cassie and, not to sound clingy or anything, but I kind of missed her a bit too much.

   The house had been very uncomfortable, and I couldn't sit on one couch without shifting in discomfort or having to move to another one. I would text Cassie, but after texting her late at night, I'd look needy if I texted her the very next morning. So, I stuck to staring at my phone and listening to Cameron grumbling under his breath as he flipped through various channels.

     Spencer and Gordon were sent by Cameron to a nearby city to help a "friend" with moving objects only Cameron knew the identities of all the way to an abundant town on the other side of the country. Never question Cameron; you'd be converted to the prey his deadly glare's trying to burn and turn into ash. So, I learned to keep my mouth shut.

     As for Tryston, he hasn't been around the house lately. He wasn't able to decide what to do with his dad, but another decision he made turned him into a wreck. Of course, he didn't look like a wreck nor did he act like a wreck; but that's what makes you know that he's a wreck. He spent all his time after school in this cafe near-by (though he told everyone he had to study for the mid-terms coming up) and never answered his phone. His footsteps always echoed in the hallway at nine at night, but after he shut his door, the atmosphere returned to being utterly quiet.

     I had to save him multiple times as Cameron was starting to suspect something, but he didn't even seem the least bit thankful. He'd shrug it off when he got dismissed and would leave the house, not even saying a word of good bye.

      Ungrateful prick, I thought, waiting patiently as the coffee machine hissed at me. My eyes averted their attention to the phone by the sink, only to notice a faint blue light, flashing continuously, indicating a message. I pressed my lips together, taking a long step to my phone and clicking it open.

     Cassie.

     I smiled, unlocking my phone and opening her text message.

     From: Cass

     so if i dont text you, you dont acknowledge my existence. alright i get it. how are you, dumbass

     I cocked a brow, ignoring the click that bounced off the four beige walls, screaming for me to take the coffee I've spent a good two minutes preparing. I stared at her message; the one that was sent exactly 3 minutes ago. I furrowed my eyebrows; should I answer or wait a little longer? 

    Just as I was debating on whether I should answer instantly or give it a few minutes, a new message was sent.

     From: Cass

     i swear to god, jaelon. if youre still asleep, ill kick your ass once i see you again. if i see you again 

     Rolling my eyes, I typed a reply.

     To: Cass

     dont be so dramatic, babe

     From: Cass

     oh, so you are awake. just ignoring me i see

     To: Cass

     you're being more dramatic than a lana del rey song *inserts an emoji with tongue out*

     From: Cass

   Shut up. and how about you insert an emoji instead of taking the time to type a whole sentence about inserting one you meanie?