f i v e » tryston

I was terrified, right before picking Adriana Warren up, that the ride would be extremely awkward. Really, it was anything but.

     Adriana Warren had so much to say, and so many giggles she tried to control that made me giggle, myself. Other than trying so hard to ignore Jaelon's playful stares through the rearview, the drive to McDonald's went smoothly.

     She didn't even sugar-coat it. A simple, "let's go to McDonald's because you'll look funny," and we were driving to the small restaurant a few streets away. It pained to know that people were going to look at me - and my attire - funny just because I wanted to please the toasty young lady. But I let it pass; she looked so... good. So goddamn good.

     As we approached the restaurant, she giggled on something she was saying that I wasn't fully concentrating on. She placed too fingers above her lips, whispering a curse as she stopped the flow of the melodic giggle. I frowned.

     "Hey, stop that," I whined, taking hold of her hand and placing it on her lap. I removed my hand as fast as I could once she started staring at both of our hands together. "I like your giggle," I elaborated, watching as she tried to hide her blush with a roll of her eyes. "I do," I said in a rather high pitched voice, coughing after blurting it out in my defense.

     "No, you should stop that," she muttered, pulling at her fingers.

     "Stop what?" I asked, true confusion tinting my eyes.

     "Just..." she stared into my eyes and groaned loudly, poking my chest with an accusing finger. ”Just. Stop. Doing..." she let her hands roam my face roughly, slightly hurting my eyes as I had to shut them, "this." And her hands remained on my face.

     "Woah, we're moving a bit too fast, guys," I heard Jaelon mock, and suddenly I was able to see perfectly fine again. I blinked a few times, looking at Adriana as she sat timidly at the very right of the backseat against the window. I chuckled, sticking out my tongue once I got her attention. She shoved my shoulder, sticking out her tongue once I let out a dramatic gasp. We stayed bickering for almost a minute until the car stopped.

     "Okay, there you go. As much as I would love to wait here, Tryston promised me a Big Mac so..." he trailed off and was the first one out of the car. I licked my lips and opened the door for the only female in the car, gaining a scoff from her.

     "True romantic. Too bad this 'practice date' is leading to no real date," she said, dusting her clothes and starting to walk to the front door. I fought the urge to open it for her.

     "I think I might be able to change your mind," I said from behind her.

     "I really do hope," she muttered too quietly, but I heard it. I didn't dwell on it; it was obvious she didn't want me to hear it.

     "Hey, choose a seat - please make it as far as possible from Jaelon - and I'll get our orders."

     "You don't know what I want," Adriana Warren said. I cocked a brow in question. "Okay," she started, rubbing her palms together as I chuckled, "I want a Big Tasty with Caesar Salad and, hmm, Diet Coke. Oh, and a McFlurry, but for dessert." She looked up at me. "I'm a girl with a big appetite."

     "And I'm grateful for that because I'm not ordering any less," I said and went forward as I waited in the queue, watching as Adriana smiled at Jaelon and sat by the window. I waved slightly once she sat, and Jaelon - being his lame self - waved back, mouthing 'Big Mac' and flashing thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and took a stride to the counter, sighing as I started to recite my order.