f o u r » tryston

Panting as I looked up at the green house, I licked my lips, straightening my back as I moved towards the bushes. Trespassing must make a quite bad first impression, but I had my cards, and I was going to play them until I lose. Or win. Probably win.

     I jogged to the back of the house, looking up to examine it fully. I let out a sigh, pinching my nose bridge as my eyes trailed the height of the house. There was a lit room, but the two silhouettes doing I-don't-know-what and I-don't-want-to-know-what made me stay the farthest away from that room. And with that, there was the second and only other lit room.

     And, I tried my luck.

     I rubbed my hands together for warmth before grabbing the first branch with my left hand, lifting myself upward before grabbing another one with my other hand. I tried to stay quiet, making sure not to drop one shard of wood, even though that must've been excessively hard. After reaching a branch near the lit window, only a few inches under the window, I scooched to the edge, making sure not to break the branch. I let out a sigh, hesitantly knocking slightly against the glass. However, I knew she didn't hear it as my knuckles barely touched the window. I decided it was for the best, and decided to let my urge to cower away take over. However, as I was moving to the back of the branch, the curtains flew open, causing me to freeze.

     Once she saw it was me, she put the deodorant she held in her hand down and gawked, opening the window right after. Before I could say anything, she stretched in an awkward way that made it close to impossible to see into the room. I smiled sheepishly once her eyes turned to slits.

     "What in the world are you doing here?" She hissed, looking back at her room before returning to me. I stammered, rubbing the back of my head. "How did you even know where I live?"

     "It's a funny story, really," I started, but found it hard to continue as it wasn't really funny nor was it an actual story. I coughed, looking her in the eye for the first time. "I just came by to say hi."

     "You didn't answer my question," Adriana Warren said sincerely.

     I huffed in annoyance. "What matters is the present and the fact that I, Tryston Brooks, am at your room's door. Or window; whatever."

     She shook her head. "I'm pretty sure my parents won't be okay with a criminal trespassing and being on their own property," she said, gritting her jaw.

     "Funny how you think I didn't know that already," I said before a scoff, though she didn't seem the least bit amused. "Fine, I just wanted to, uh, ask about the requirements for the Literature quiz on Monday," I lied, watching as she looked at my hand.

     "Weird; they are still written on your hand," she said, cutting me off once I opened my mouth, "along with the Biology and History homework." I shut my mouth. She smirked. I shuffled in discomfort. She cocked a brow. She straightened her posture. "See you on Monday, Brooks."

     "Wait," I blurted out, fighting the urge to jump onto the window and prevent her from shutting it. Her eyebrows knitted together as she got closer to the window. "Um, how about we do something fun tomorrow?"

     "Is Tryston Brooks asking me on a date?" She said, smirking. I imitated her action.

     "Is Adriana Warren agreeing to go on that date?" She chuckled, shaking her head.

     "I can't; my parents will ground me, and I can't miss on the sales this week," she answered, crossing her arms - from the cold, I figured.