Chapter 28 - Whatever It Takes

Robert felt panic taking over as he heard Georgie’s crying get louder the closer she got to the door. That sick twisted bastard had fucking double crossed him. They hadn’t even fucking done anything yet and Robert had already been stabbed in the back. How the hell was he supposed to make this work now?

Then the door suddenly opened, Georgie was shoved in, and the door slammed shut behind her. She was crying loudly, her eyes wide with fear. She looked wildly all around the room, and then saw Robert.

She screamed, “No!” and ran to him.

He thought she was going to hug him, but instead she grabbed his arm and tried to drag him to the door, pulling as hard as she could, crying loudly, “You have to get out of here, Robert! You have to leave right now! It’s not safe here for you here! You have to leave!” She was completely hysterical.

Robert struggled to keep her from dragging him and tried to get her to let go of him, repeatedly shouting, “Georgie!” desperately trying to get her to focus on him so he could calm her down enough to talk to her.

While the two of them wrestled, the bastard walked up and when Robert noticed him, he shouted over Georgie, “You have twenty minutes to get her ready, Robert!” before he walked back to his equipment.

Robert knew exactly what he meant by giving him a time limit. Suddenly everything came into sharp focus. Seeing Georgie falling apart right in front of his eyes because of what had been done to her in that room gave him a firm determination. He knew what he had to do, and he didn’t have a lot of time to do it. He managed to grab her by the arms and using every bit of strength he had, dragged her over to the corner of the room furthest from the bastard, while she struggled against him wildly, crying about his safety.

Once he got her there he positioned her with her back to the room so all she would see was him while she continued to struggle. He held her by her upper arms and shook her, shouting “Georgie!” repeatedly until he saw her eyes finally focus on his face a little and she was quiet. He knew he had seconds to act before he lost her again.

He looked in her eyes, saying loudly, “Georgie, remember what Frankie said? She said you should trust me! I need you to trust me right this minute! Frankie said to trust me and I need you to do that right now! D’you understand?”

“Robert, what’s going on?” she cried. “It’s not safe for you here! You need to leave right now!” She was beginning to get hysterical again and he shook her a little to stop her before she could start ratcheting up.

“Georgie, I need you to trust me! D’you trust me?” he said. He could see a shift in her eyes as she focused on him again.

“One hundred percent,” she said faintly.

He put his arms around her and spoke quietly into her ear. “I promise nothing bad will happen to you here. No one will hurt you here. If you don’t want to do what I’m going to ask you, you tell me and we leave now. I love you and I will not let you get hurt. You’re safe with me. D’you understand?” She nodded against his shoulder.

“I want to make love to you in here. I won’t do anything you don’t want me to. The minute you say ‘stop’, we stop. D’you understand? You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.”

She pulled away from him, struggling because he’d been holding her so tightly, and looked at him with fear and sadness, crying, “Why are you doing this?”

Robert suddenly realized she already knew why he was here. She knew he’d made a bargain with the bastard. Robert heard the bastard say in his head, ‘She’s done this before’ and suddenly wondered what she’d been forced to bargain for.