A Brief Word About The Story

Thank you for reading! The beginning of this story has been in my head for over 35 years.  The basic idea first came to me when I was a teenager and made up stories in my head to help me fall asleep (back in the olden days before there were iPods).

When I wrote it, I never intended anyone would see it except me since I'd never written anything before.  But as I worked on it, it got better,  and I started to think maybe I should share it.  I knew there must be a few people who would enjoy reading it as much as I did.  When I put it on Wattpad, I was lucky to have readers find it and fall in love with it.  I was even more lucky when people nominated it for the Best Adult Perspective Award in the 2012 Wattys!

This romance is different than most on Wattpad.  This is NOT a story where two people immediately fall in love.  It is a realistic, non-cliche, slow-building love story with a healthy dose of mystery and suspense.  I hope you like it and if you do, please let me know.  I love hearing what you think as you read!  And please support this story with your votes.  That lets other readers know they'll enjoy it too!

Dedicated to my husband, Blaise, whose incredible support and love made it possible for me to be able to write this story.

WARNING!  This is a mature story that is intended for adult readers only.  It includes dark and mature subjects that are presented in a realistic way.  There is strong language throughout.  There is violence, sex described in some detail, and implied sexual violence. Please don't read this if you are under the age of 18, or if such things offend or disturb you!