43 - First

Song: Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
~I don't want nothing at all if it ain't you baby~

***

As my eyes open to the sight of morning sun peaking through the window.. illuminating streaks of light throughout the room. I stand to the window, extending my arms, letting it shine on me, around me and through me. I throw my head back and smile, never have I ever been so appreciative of a beautiful day. So full of hope and new beginnings.

"Lord, you are awesome. Thank you." I breathe, closing my eyes.

I've always prayed before doing anything else in the mornings. Apparently my prayers didn't go up in vein and I thank the creator for listening.

I'm alone in the room and I actually woke early today. Every day is a day closer to meeting my little bundle of joy. I can't wait to see his/her little face, or hear his/her little laugh.. or cry. A loud, unpremeditated laugh escapes my lips, hugging myself.

I skip hurry over to the component set and connect the radio to my phone's bluetooth.

"Alexa, play Whitney Houston, I wanna dance with somebody."

The song begins to play and I turn the volume up a bit. When the music consumes me entirely, I find myself dancing, hugging myself, laughing with myself.

I head to the bathroom and strip myself quickly. Looking in the mirror at my tummy elicits a smile of my own, rubbing it slowly. I giggle. I am 8 weeks pregnant and not showing.

I leave the bathroom door open so the music can pass through freely before removing my hair pin, letting my hair out. I step in the shower and turn on the water. As it runs down from my head, over my face and down my body, I laugh some more.

As my hair gets soaked and sticks to my skin down my back, I run my hands from my hairline going straight back. I dance and spin smiling. What a happiness.

I wash my hair as the song starts over on repeat. When it's clean, I bathe myself. As soon as I'm done, I pre-dry my hair and wrap it in the towel. I dry my body then rub Victoria's Secret moisturizer all over my skin making it soft, smooth and glowing. I slip on some under garments then I wrap my robe around me, still dancing to the music. I come outside the bathroom to the room then stop the music playing from my phone, heading downstairs with it.

Before I enter the kitchen, I hear talking and laughter among Austin, Chloe and Cassie. I walk up to the entrance and smile as they haven't noticed that I'm here yet. How did I get here? To wake up engaged and pregnant in a happy home with a lovely family. I deserve it after all I've been through. I fold my hands and smile with myself looking at them.

I snap out of my thoughts when Cassie spots me. "Oh there she is!" She says, sliding a pancake off the spatula onto a plate.

I smile and walk in. "Good morning."

"Good morning!" They all beam.

I walk over to Austin, holding his cheek against my stomach to press a kiss on his head. Chloe as taps her index finger on her cheek, meaning I should kiss her there.. I chuckle then give her a peck on her cheek as she smiles satisfied and continues with her food.

The plate that Cassie was preparing I'm assuming it's mine. Cassie returns with another pancake, sliding it off the spatula onto the one that is already there. I open my arms and she hugs me from above.

"Well, you're up early, that's weird." Chloe starts.

"I made both hot chocolate and coffee this time." Cassie winks as they all chuckle.

"Are you sure 2 pancakes will do?" Austin asks Cassie, clearly teasing me and I gape at him.

I glance back at Cassie to hear her response. "That's why I'm making 8 more!" She chirps and they all laugh.

"8?" I exclaim joining in on the laughter, "come on guys, don't do me like this. I'll take the hot chocolate and only 3 pancakes."

"Mama bear is eating for 2, give her all 11 pancakes! With eggs!" Chloe shouts waving her fork around in her hand.

"And cranberry juice." Austin adds.

"And orange juice!" Cassie adds.

They all laugh and I simply smile in amusement and roll my eyes at their mockery. They put my cravings and my recent behaviors into one and made it all into one big joke.

Austin stands to leave for work. He is fully dressed with his briefcase.

"Hey, honey? Hold on a minute." I say as he glances at me and sits back down.

"Okay, so guys, I've been wondering. The doctor said that I'm about 2 months along, but as you can see, I'm basically not showing yet. Should I move with the wedding planning a little faster so I could get married before I start to show? I don't want to show in the dress because let's be real, those photos last a lifetime and I want to look smoking and not bloated. Or should I have the baby first?"

"Have the baby first. You're 2 months pregnant now, so that means we'd have to get it done in at least 6 weeks before you start to show. That's really fast." Cassie states.

"We're going to have the wedding of our dreams. I don't want it to be rushed, I want it to be perfect. And let's be real, Austin Blake's marriage photos are expected to be legendary and they lasts for a lifetime so I can't afford any fuck ups." Austin cockily adds.

"They both have points. I agree with them." Chloe nods.

"Okay. The baby then the wedding it is." I agree.

I've always traditionally wanted to get married first and then babies. But looking at everything now, what better touch to give to our wedding than having our beautiful little baby there. Let's look at it this way as well, we were never the couple went by the rules and that's what made us who we are. Plus Austin proposed before we found out that I was pregnant. I've always wanted a child or children, now I have them both. I want to take a look at my baby's face right before the pastor tells to Austin kiss the bride.

***

I'm not crying.
Remember to vote guys!
Xoxo