4 - Can't

Song: Halsey - Bad At Love
~But you can't blame me for trying, you know I'd be lying saying you're the one.~

***

It's now 5:00pm and I probably need to start getting my shit together for wherever Austin is taking me tonight, because I might even need more time than that to beat my face to the Gods above.

He said formal but sexy, right? I didn't even ask where he was taking me. I mean, being bossed around didn't really leave much room for questions, huh?

Some parts of me weirdly like the sound of it. Wait, what if he's a dangerous person? What if he wants to traffic my gorgeous body to his rich friends?

What if he kidnaps me and give me a year to fall in love with him?

I snap out of my ridiculous trance and get started on my transformation.

I take a shower before moisturizing my skin until it literally glows. I'm about to do a full face beat with the intention of achieving a smokey eye look for that bad bitch, gothic vibe. What bad bitch? Anyways..

I apply a little of my Fenty foundation and finish up my contour with the KKW beauty set. I'm flawless. Damn, can I not feel myself for a moment?

I cut my crease giving it a little gold shimmer look on the inside and then a black shade on the outside for the smokey look. I add some Amrezy highlighter my favorite part of makeup, then mascara to my long lashes, I don't need fake lashes, then a matte nude lip.. and finally the Kylie setting spray to finish up the look.

Yes, I'm obsessed with Kylie. Come on now, the woman is a bad ass.

Gathering my hair in a low sleek ponytail with center part, giving me a sexy and sophisticated look.

I pull on a tight, sexy, navy blue v-cut bandage bodycon dress that hugs my curves perfectly and my butt is looking just about right. I wear a simple sandal nude heels that brings out my nail polish which is red.

I grab one of several Chanel purses my parents gifted me that matches my shoes; nude.. throwing in the necessary female survival essentials inside. Well, my parents get me like everything I own. Speaking of them, I should call them, it's been two weeks. I really would love a closer bond with them, heavens know it's true but they're always busy with new projects.

Austin's story between him and his parents leave me no choice but to appreciate mine more and realize how independent they allow me to be. To figure out what and who I want to be and not trying to dictate and control my future.

My phone starts to ring making me flinch a bit in anticipation. Bossy and on time.. After racking between the pros and cons, I sent him my home address earlier and wrote down my last will and testaments for when I die tonight.

Now we know I didn't do that.. not physically.

"Austin." I answer.

"Your ride should be there by now gorgeous." My cheeks flush a little and I roll my eyes at how confident he sounds compared to the shaking mess I am.

"I thought you were coming to get me?"

"Had to make a quick stop, but Bruce will take you straight to me."

"Hmm, okay." I cut the call without waiting for a response.

I lock my apartment up then pace outside only to find the black limo awaiting me.. wait is it really here for me? This can't be real. Of course it's real.

"Miss Scott?" A masculine voice echoes from the inside. That must be Bruce.

"Uh.. Yes?" And the reluctance is obvious in my voice.