Chapter 12

Axel's POV

The week went by really fast.

Nothing interesting happened, unless you count Pete's weird behaviour around Franco. Yes, I figured out the problem was Franco, because once Tyler and Jay were called by the coach to talk about something, so Franco and I went to the cafeteria first. I thought that Pete's behaviour would go back to normal since the other two weren't there, but boy was I wrong. He's always very jumpy whenever Franco's around, and Franco seems to love to tease him. I wonder if something happened between the two.

It's now Friday, 6:30 pm. I'm getting ready for my date with Jay, and I'm freaking out. He didn't tell me where we were going, just to dress casual. But I have no idea what casual means. Does he mean casual-casual, or fancy-casual? I stood there for an hour just looking between two outfit choices, so I end up taking the shirt from the fancy-casual outfit and the pants from the casual-casual outfit. I know I'm probably overthinking, but this is Jayden Williams we're talking about. I need to dress to impress.

I go with a pair of ripped jeans and a grey long sleeved shirt with a white collar. I play with my hair a bit to tame it, when I hear the doorbell ring. He's here.

I basically run down the stairs and trip a few times, but manage to catch myself. God, I'm acting like a lovestruck teenage girl.

I grab hold of the doorknob and take a deep breath. Relax, it's just Jay.

I open the door, and my jaw drops. I slam the door, and take deep breaths. Okay, maybe I underestimated him. Wait, I just slammed the door on him.

I slowly open the door and peek through the opening and see Jay standing there with an amused look on his face.

"You ready to go, hun? Or are you just gonna slam the door on me again?" he says with a smirk, and I blush and open the door wider. He looks like a pancake. No, no wait. He doesn't physically look like a pancake, I just love pancakes and think they're beautiful so I'm comparing him to something beautiful, okay? I'm not weird.

"Y-Yeah, hold on let me grab my phone" I move out of the way so he can come in.

He chuckles, "Alright, you look great by the way" I blush and smile at him.

"Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" Like a pancake.

"A pancake?" He asks, amused as my eyes widen. Oh god, I said that out loud.

I blush, "Y-Yeah, you know, pancakes are works of art. I also love pancakes, so I'm complimenting you"

He smirks, "You're adorable. Also, did you just indirectly say you love me?"

I turn 10 different shades of red, "N-N-No, I-I um, I need to go grab my phone!" I run upstairs and close my bedroom door. God, I'm so embarrassing.

Jayden's POV

I chuckle as I hear him close his bedroom door.  A pancake? I've been compared to many things -beautiful things- but never have I ever thought I'd be compared to food. Damn, I really like him.

I smile as I head up the stairs to find him. I knock softly on his door.

"Baby, no need to be embarrassed. I think it's cute how you compared me to your favourite food, and I agree. Pancakes are works of art. So please come out, we have a date to get to" I say softly, as he slowly opens the door.

He nods, not looking me in the eyes and walks downstairs. He's so cute when he's embarrassed. I know I call Axe cute and adorable a lot, but that's just what he is. An adorable baby, my adorable baby. I smile at the thought.