Chapter 7

Axel's POV

Beep Beep Beep

I groan as I turn over and slap my alarm to get it to shut up, but it keeps beeping. I slap it again, but it continues its annoying sound. I slap it a few more times before I realize something.

Why does my alarm feel squishy?

"I thought you slapped my face by accident when you flipped over, so I forgave it. But 4? Last I checked, my face isn't a tambourine" I hear someone say and I look up, seeing my hand square on Jayden's face.

I remove my hand quickly and grab his face to examine it. His face was red all over and you can see the handprint.

"Oh my god, Jayden I'm so sorry. I was trying to turn my alarm off, and I didn't realize it was your face that I was hitting and oh my god-"

"Hey, it's fine. Don't worry about it, it looks worse than it is" Jayden cuts off my rambling and smiles.

"I just don't know how to explain the handprint in the middle of my face. Normally people get slapped on the cheek, not on the nose" he laughs, and I instantly feel even worse.

"I'm really sorry" I say quietly. Jayden's been so nice to me, and this is how I repay him. By treating his face like a freaking drum.

"Hey" he slides a finger under my chin to make me look up at him.

"It's okay, really. I don't feel anything, so stop worrying your pretty little head. The pout on your face doesn't suit you" He says and smiles at me, in which I return with a small smile.

"I'll go make us some breakfast, and you can get ready for school" I say as I get up from the bed. He nods, and gets up as well and heads into the bathroom in my room.

I go downstairs and into the kitchen. I open my fridge and take out a bunch of ingredients to make breakfast. Even if Jayden says he's okay, I still feel really bad, so I'll make him a decent breakfast to make up for it.

I quickly whip up some pancakes, and set them on the table. I grab some oranges to make freshly squeezed orange juice, since -in my opinion- they're better than store bought.

As I set the glasses down on the table, Jayden walks in.

"Mmmm, it smells so good. How'd you know pancakes were my favourite?" he says as he takes a seat at the table.

"I was just hoping, since pancakes are one of my specialties" I smile, and grab some toppings for the pancakes from the fridge.

I sit down opposite to him and hand him the fruits, syrups and whip cream. He smiles gratefully at me, before taking the whip cream and fruits. He puts them on his pancakes and takes a bite.

"Woah, these are really good. They're the best I've ever had. What brand of batter did you use?" he says after swallowing. I'm glad he doesn't talk with his mouth full.

"I actually made the batter myself. That's why I said pancakes are one of specialties" I say with a small smile.

"Wait you made these from scratch? Damn, I'm coming over for breakfast more often. I kind of guessed you'd be a good cook from your passion for culinary, but I didn't know you'd be this good" he said, and I blushed. No one has ever complimented my cooking, but I guess it's because I've never cooked for anyone before. Well, besides my "parents" that is. But they'd be caught dead before they'd compliment me on anything.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jayden asks and gives me a look of concern. He points to his eyebrows, and that's when I notice my lips were pulled down into a frown and my eyebrows were furrowed.