12. Wolves

Night was falling, Luna rounded up her herd in the center of the clearing and put three horses on patrol, whom where eagerly waiting their assignment. A mare on patrol circled the herd, making sure no one wandered off or woke to a nightmare and two stallions patrolled the tree line, keeping the herd safe from wolves.

Dawn broke quickly, the mare seemed like she slept through the whole night, and the stallions where grazing and patrolling at the same time.

Luna opened her eyes and stretched, she was the first out of the sleeping herd to wake, she told the mare she could rest and sleep then trotted to the stallions to tell them the same. She thought it was strange having both mares and stallions in her herd, but she didn't care, as long as none of them tried to overthrow her she was fine with it. But she could tell Midnight didn't agree, he had his own herds safety to worry about.

Luna heard the sound of people stepping on twigs and talking quietly, she turned her head to the source and saw two people, the stopped once they noticed Luna staring at them. She snorted and lowered head, ready to charge them, a stallion noticed and did the same, then a mare noticed and joined in. The people slowly backed away and left, startled that they would be confronted by two mares and a stallion.

Luna called to the messenger stallion, the blue roan was in front of her seconds later, "yes, ma'am?"

"Send a message to Midnight, the leader of the herd over there," Luna pointed to the allied herd with her muzzle, "two humans where spotted, possibly trying to sneak up on the herd. They may be up to something, be alert at all times."

The stallion nodded, "I'll give the message right away." He galloped off to Midnights herd to tell him.

-Le Time Skip Brought to you by The Doctor and the TARDIS-

Luna saw the blue roan join back with the herd minutes after he left, and she she knew Midnight was informed about the threat. She noticed a wolf sneaking up on a small colt who was playing, she neighed a warning and charged the wolf. The wolf leaped at the colt but was met with a muzzle full of hooves, Luna pushed the wolf to the ground and stood between the wolf and the colt, who was oblivious to what happened. Luna snorted, and stomped next to the wolf, it whimpered in fear and scampered back into the trees.

The colt noticed Luna chased off a wolf afterwards and thanked her. Luna saw a few wolves standing at the tree line, she charged them and they ran away like the first one did. But she couldn't seem to keep them away, they kept coming back,

"Hey! Leave my herd alone!" Luna shouted at the wolves.

They gasped and a she wolf spoke up, "you speak.....?" And the wolves ran off and didn't bother her the rest of the day.

The sun was lowering in the sky, Luna assigned three different horses on patrolling the tree line, and she kept the herd safe in the center of the clearing. She could hear quiet voices bouncing back and forth from the three stallions, about when Luna is ready for a mate she would choose him or a reason why she wouldn't choose another.

Luna rolled her eyes, she would rather try to find another Choice Shifter that shifts to a horse, not choose a stallion of her herd. There was a howl suddenly, breaking the conversation and putting their focus on the direction it came from. Three wolves, one looking like an elder, peaked out of the bushes, Luna recognized two, the one she chased off and the other weird one. She galloped over to them and stood protectively in front of them,

"Stay away, wolves." Luna snorted.

"She does speak..." The wolf she didn't recognize said.

"Leave." Luna stomped the ground.

The wolf Luna fought off backed away, a hoof shaped bruise was evident on his left eye.

"We aren't here to harm your herd in any way, we where just confused as to why we can understand you and you, to us." The eldest wolf said.

Luna tilted her head, "is it not normal?" The three stallions came to back her up minutes later.

The wolves looked terrified, but the eldest of them spoke up again, "we wish to ally our pack with your herd."

"Predator and prey? That's crazy!" Luna asked.

The wolf sighed, "we will not hunt your herd or the second herd."

The two smaller wolves stared at the eldest, allying a horse herd?! What was he thinking?!

The three stallions stared in confusion at Luna, only hearing Luna and the barks of the wolves,

"Ma'am... Are you okay?" The chestnut asked.

Luna turned her head to the stallion, "just fine." She looked back at the wolves.

The chestnut backed away and went to the sleeping herd still in the center, leaving two other stallions. The stallions walked away, not wanting to intrude on the conversation.

"Silly me, I forgot. I'm Alpha Xavier, these are me children." The eldest introduced.

"Luna, Leader of the herd," She swished her tail impatiently, "I will accept your proposal, as long as you don't hurt either herd." She stared directly into Xavier's eyes.

Xavier flattened his ears against his head, "come on, kids. We will tell the pack about our new allies."

Luna snorted once they where out of her range of sight, "damn wolves...." She said, covering up any suspicion, if any horse was listening. But she had a strange pull to the wolf but ignored it.

The filly bounded through the tall grass to Luna, she must've woken up already. Luna smiled to the filly but didn't say anything, she continued walking, thinking about why normal horses couldn't understand the wolves.

YO! I'm getting bored a lot more and because of that, you're getting more chapters!! BE HAPPEH! THIS NEVAH HAPPENZ