1. Kicked out

Running. Away from the only thing I knew. My home. My family. My friends.
My father kicked me out of the house. My mother didn't allow him to but he did anyways.

After everyone was asleep my father grabbed me by my arm and threw me out of the house. Literally. He threatened to shift to his wolf form and kill me if I ever came back, I stood and shifted to my animal form, the reason he wanted me gone.

My entire family where carnivores, wolves, lions, tigers, snakes, bears and even bob cats. They all chose to be.

Me? I didn't want to be an animal that would have to kill others for food, so I chose my favorite animal, a Mustang. Of course my father didn't approve and as soon as I was old enough I was gone.

As I galloped through the streets of the small town we lived in, few cars where driving around. I didn't notice a car because of tears blurring my vision, and I heard the sound of screeching tires so I stopped galloping as well. I felt something touch my front legs and waited for the pain, only to see the car had stopped just in time, Two people were in the car, a girl and boy. The people where getting out of the car.

"Is it hurt?! Did I hit it?!" The boy said and he ran to the front of the car with something in his hand.

"I hope not!!" The girl said and she slowly approached me.

I stood up straight and started backing away from them slowly and I flattened my ears. I saw the boy was wearing a cowboy hat and the thing he was holding was a rope, 'oooohhhh no.. OH NO!! Their gonna take me away!!' I thought and I reared up, and neighed. I spun around and bolted away from them.

"She's getting away!! She could hurt herself!!" I heard the girl yell, and I looked behind me and smiled, 'I can take care of myself! I'm not just a normal horse!' I thought, even though I knew she couldn't hear my thoughts.

I turned and faced the correct way and dodged the few cars. I saw a few trees had fallen and I galloped through them to find a beautiful meadow and a herd of wild mustangs.

The lead stallion, a full black mustang, saw me and galloped to me, I bowed my head to him, "May I join your herd, sir?" I asked him, being as polite as possible.

The lead stallion nodded, "yes, you may, my name is Midnight. What might would yours be?" He asked, being just as polite.

I lifted my head but didn't look him in the eyes, "The names Luna."

I'm finally free, even if I didn't want to be, I've got a new family, this couldn't get better.