Chapter 41: Guilty Party

Since it was still kind of early, peek of the afternoon, Remmy's was alive with people. I thought Eliza would want to leave the crowded place but she leapt out of the car and beat me to the line. She offered to wait there and hold our spot while I found a table to sit. I gave her money to pay and did just that.

There was a secluded place over by the side where we could eat and still have some privacy of our own. I needed to talk to her about the living arrangements again. She has to agree or else I'll really go mad. Now that I know the truth, I want to skin that damn Noah alive for hurting Eliza. I don't give a shit about the reasons behind it; he has no right to put his hands on her. Shes his bloody sister! He should want to protect her, not be the cause of her pain. Which brings another question of why the hell she was comforting him, but I'll ignore that nagging thought for now.

But her parents.. I doubt they're 'totally' clueless about this. They must have some inkling that havoc is running their household. A mother should know when her child needs help. Mine does and hers should be no exception.

"I nearly ate the thing just tryin' to find the table." Eliza groans. "You got a good spot though." She places two boxes infront of us and takes a seat across from me. "Its like we're in our own world amongst these people."

"Thats pretty deep." I mumble, trying to chew the slice in my hand.

"Just a thought." She smirks and takes a bite of her own.

Eliza seems much more relaxed here than outside her house. Shes also got some color back and doesn't look as ghostly. My lovely lady's returned to her old self as she starts commentating on our surroundings. Her crude remarks regarding a shabby looking man and his wandering eye nearly make me choke on my food. I quickly grab my cola, suppressing the gagging feeling and soothing my throat. Boy, does she have a mouth and a colorful imagination.

I took a moment to admire Eliza in her element. The shape of her lips as she speaks, the quirk of her eyebrow when she spots something odd, the melodious giggle that erupts from her mouth, giving her that girly charm. She truly is a marvel, one of a kind. I don't think I should be this impressed with such railing going on, but this is Eliza. I've always been amazed by her quick wit and shrewd humor. I remember going home some nights, still dumbfounded by her daily sayings. I wanted to ask my mum what half the stuff she said meant, but knew if I did, I'd get into trouble for repeating it.

Sometimes I felt she didn't belong here. Not because she was dirty and vile, but since she was so mature and spoke so eloquently; she sounded well beyond her years. I thought, no way could this girl really just be my age when she talks this way. I felt like she was above us in a sense. And since she was stuck on our level, she was condemned, left to rot. I don't mean to compare her to some superior race of beings, but to a ten year old Louis, thats how I pictured her; an alien among us.

"You can quit starin' Lou. You're starting to look like crazy eye over there." Eliza jeers, resting back in her chair. Her dark eyes are focused on me with a hint of a smile on her lips as she stares back.

"Sorry." I flush, a little embarrassed that I was caught. "Didn't mean to."

"This seems to be a habit of yours, eh Tommo?" She inquires, amused, eating a pepperoni off her pizza. The mention of the nickname doesn't bother me as much like before. As long as its just coming from Eliza, I can tolerate it.

The irony.

"Indeed, if I'm being honest." I say sheepishly. "I guess I'm still trying to figure out what you are, Eliza Gardley."

She smirks at my use of her whole name. "And what have you come up with so far, Louis Tomlinson?" She sounds intrigued as she leans forward on the table, resting on her elbows.