14: Gym adventure

Gustavo gave us a day off so, the boys invited me to the gym.

"Hey guys." I say and they turn around and their eyes widen.

"What? Is this outfit okay?" I ask, looking down at my black Calvin Klein bra and joggers.

"It's not the outfit. It's your face." James says, walking closer to me.

"What happened?" Carlos asks in a shock.

"Oh. Jackson stopped by last night. He wanted a date and I rejected him, so he gave me this." I point to my cheek and Logan examines it.

"I swear I'll kill him if I see him." Carlos huffs.

"Guys, can we not do this right now? C'mon, let's just get some exercise." I huff, setting my duffle bag down.

My eyes then shift over to see Kendall fist bumping one of his buddies.

"Why is Kendall here?!" I say through gritted teeth.

"He's been here for the past two days. And we thought we could all get together?" James cringes.

"No, no, no! I told you guys I didn't want him near me. I'm outta here!" I shake my head, grabbing my bag as I turn on my heels.

"Talk to him!" They say in unison and James picks me up.

"Put me down!" I exclaim, swatting his arms.

"Are you gonna talk to him?"

"Only if he doesn't get on my nerves." I squint my eyes at him.

"Deal." He grins and gently sets me down.

"So, what's our first activity?" I ask, setting my bag down once again.

"The punching bag." James says.

"That is my favorite thing to do." I shrug.

"We know." Carlos grins, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, hey guys." Kendall says as he sees us walk over to him.

Our eyes lock but I quickly look away.

But at the corner of my eye, I see Kendall's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Logan, can you help me find the boxing gloves?" I ask, walking past Kendall.

"Uh, sure." I hear him awkwardly trail off as I hear his footsteps behind me.

"You're supposed to talk to him. You're literally doing the opposite of that." Logan says, handing me a pair of boxing gloves.

"You guys didn't tell me Kendall was here. So now, I lied to you. We're even." I stare.

"Touché." He nods and I smirk.

"Now, please help me put them on." I state and he nods, strapping each of them on me.

"All set." He grins and I nod and we walk back over.

"Are you ready?" Carlos asks.

"Yeah but um, where's the instructor?"

"Amber, we're Big Time Rush. We don't need a teacher. We do it our way." Carlos says, popping his tank top and I shake my head.

"Okay then, tell me. How do I punch the shit out of this bag?" I ask.

Little to they know, I've actually taken a boxing class for a year.

"You uh, just punch it. Like this." He says and punches it with his bare hand.

"Ah!" He exclaims, holding his hand.