10: Hurt

"What do you mean he's back?" Kendall says, pacing back and forth.

"Chill, buddy." Logan says and Kendall shrugs his hand off.

"I bumped into him on accident at the pool earlier."

"Did he tell you why he came back?" James asks.

"Yeah. He said he wants to win me back." I huff, scratching my head.

"Did you say yes?" Carlos says.

"No, I'm not that fucking stupid! He's a jerk and an abusive piece of shit." I state and Kendall stops his pacing and walks over to me.

"I asked you if he was abusive and you said no. You told me it was all just verbal arguments." Kendall states.

"Kendall, I-"

"Don't. You don't have to say anything. I gotta take a walk." He states, shaking his head and slams the door.

I close my eyes and feel two single tears streaming down my face.

"I don't know if I can do this." I whisper, burying my head in my hands.

"Hey, everything is gonna be okay." James says and Logan and Carlos join in for a group hug.

"I don't know what to do." I say, sniffling into James's chest.

"We could beat him up for you if you'd like?" Carlos offers and I chuckle, lifting my head up.

"No it's okay. I don't want you guys involved in my shit." I scoff.

"Hey, we're your friends. Your shit is our shit." Logan says.

"So we share shit?" I ask.

"Yes." Carlos says.

"This is getting really gross." James says and we all laugh.

"We'll be back." The boys say in unison and head out, shutting the door.

||

All I've been doing for the past two hours is pacing back and forth while sobbing my eyes out.

Kendall seemed really hurt and I shouldn't of lied to him.

I didn't tell him because we don't know each other that well and it wasn't his business to know.

And quite frankly, I never thought Jackson would even dare to come back to the Palm Woods.

I think I really messed up this time.

I mean, can you blame me?

"Took us a while but, we found him." A voice says, barging in and I look to see James dragging Kendall in by the arm.

"He's really good at hiding." Carlos says and Logan nods in agreement.

Kendall slowly looks up at me but quickly look away, locking his jaw.

"Guys, let me go. I wanna be alone right now." Kendall says, yanking his arm out of James's grip.

"You were just alone for two hours. Now it's time for you to man up and talk to your girl." I hear Carlos whisper the last part and my heart skips for a moment.

"We'll leave you two alone." James grins and Logan and Carlos follow him, heading out.

Once we hear the door shut, Kendall finally looks at me and takes a step toward me.

I move back, scared out of reflex and he furrows his eyebrows together.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth?" He says, raising his eyebrows.

"We barely know each other and it wasn't your right to know. And I never thought Jackson would come back." I say in a raspy voice as I still feel the reminisce of the tears on my face.

"It doesn't matter. This is a serious situation." He states.

"Kendall, we broke up a few months ago, it's over with. It's not like I'm getting back with him. That will never happen."

"But he's still here. Did he even tell you why?"

"Yeah, to win me back, like I said earlier. Other than that, I don't what his other reason may be. If he even has any other reasons." I sniffle, wiping under my eyes.

"Look Amber..." He trails off, coming closer to me.

He takes my hands and gently pulls me toward him.

"I care about you, a lot. I would never do anything to hurt you. But I'm always here for you. You can talk to me about anything." He says, looking me in the eye.

"I know, you're a good guy." I sniffle he gives a sad grin.

"I heard Carlos call me your girl." I say and he quietly chuckles, looking down.

"He says some stupid things sometimes." He says, shaking his head.

"I didn't mind it." I say and he looks up at me in shock and I nervously bite my lip.

He wraps his arms around me and I put my hands on his chest.

He looks at me and then at my lips.

He slowly leans in and instead, kisses my forehead.

Honestly, he caught me off guard. I really wasn't expecting that.

"Now, why were you sick earlier?" He asks, removing his lips from my forehead to look at me.

"When I saw Jackson, I was just in shock. My body when into full panic mode so, it made me sick." I shiver, just thinking about it.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asks, feeling my forehead.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say and he nods.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" I say in a soft tone.

"You didn't even have to ask." He smirks.

There's that smirk again.