{14} vanilla latte 🌊

"Thank you so much, I'm very sorry for the trouble."

The man, who Jungkook understood was the chef of the By The Seaside, nodded. He had dark hair and sharp eyes, and seemed a little older than the two waiters, Jimin and Taehyung -a little shorter, too. He was also wearing an apron, of a slightly different color, and Jungkook read "Yoongi" on his chest.

"It's fine. You seem in a hurry, I'll take you order.

"Thank you so much," Jungkook repeated.

The boy went through his pockets for the piece of paper where Seokjin had written down his order.

"I'd like a... uh, a triple-shot decaf v-"

"A triple-shot decaf vanilla latte with whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkles ?" The chef completed without batting an eye.

"Uh... yes. H-how-"

"This is for Jin, right ? I thought it was weird he didn't show up today. I guess he wanted to play a little with you... You just wait there, I'll get you your latte."

And he disappeared in the café.

• • •

"Does your chef know Kim Seokjin ?" Jungkook asked Taehyung.

Both of them were now waiting outside the café, waiting for Yoongi to come back with the vanilla latte.

"Well, yeah, everyone knows Jin around here," Taehyung shrugged. "And he's always hanging out in our café anyway."

"Oh."

"You said Jin was your boss or something ?"

"Uh, yeah, that's a long story. I don't think I'm getting paid, but I am working for him."

"Oh, okay. And how's it going ?"

"Well, uh... I'm not sure. I think he doesn't like me."

"Really ? Why ?"

"I don't know, he... he's always making fun of me."

Taehyung smiled, and for the first time Jungkook noticed the gentleness  in his eyes.

"Yeah, I guess he's giving you a hard time, but he really is a good guy, you know. He worked hard to get where he is, and he can be serious when you need him to be. Not that often though."

Jungkook nodded. He could hardly imagine Seokjin being serious -even the day before, when he had walked into Namjoon and him, he had managed to make a joke out of the situation. He didn't know how to feel about it ; he could never guess what he was thinking behind his mischievous smile, and it made him quite uncomfortable.

The silence that had just fallen, too, was making Jungkook uncomfortable. Taehyung was looking around absent-mindedly, eyes wandering through the sky's painting of a sunset. The town was getting darker and darker, and as Jungkook was looking towards the beach, he thought he saw something glow out of the corner of his eyes. A blue, supernatural glow, slowly spreading.  But when he turned around, it was only Taehyung, with his resting smile and his gentle eyes. The glow had disappeared. The boy lifted an eyebrow, as if to ask "is there anything wrong ?"

Jungkook shook his head, trying to come to his senses.

"So... um...", he said, looking for something to say. "Is Jimin around ?"

"Jimin ? No, he's not there on Thursday evenings. He's at the studio."

"The studio ?"

"Yeah, he takes dance classes. And he's very good at it !" He added with what seemed like pride. "He's preparing a show, you should come see him next week ; I'm sure he'd be glad to see you there."

Junkook was about to ask a few more questions, intrigued, when Taehyung continued :

"Oh, I think your order is on the way !"

Jungkook turned to see Yoongi walking towards them, two steaming-hot cups in his hands. Before he could ask any questions, the chef handed him the hot drinks.

"It's on the house. Consider it a welcome gift."

Jungkook looked up to him, surprised.

"Are you sure ?"

"Just take it," Taehyung whispered, "Yoongi likes to think he's cold and cool, but he's just a big softie."

"I can hear you, you know ?"

Taehyung ignored him, and winked at Jungkook.

"Uh, alright, thank you so much ! I'll bring this to Seokjin then." He smiled to them both.

Jungkook parted with them and drank the latte on the way back to the hotel, sweetness and warmth spreading through his body.