THIRTEEN: DON'T LEAVE

los angeles, california | november of 2016

tyler and scarlet grew distant from one another. for almost two months. after tyler had left, he didn't come back until a week, which sparked an emotional argument between that caused scarlet to end up fleeing off to a hotel but coming back soon after a couple of days. the two of them argued again, which resulted in no talking at all.

no fans were aware that tyler had a baby or about losing it. that's one thing neither of them needed right now.

for four weeks, scarlet felt guilty. she felt as if losing the baby was here fault. that guilt turned to a deep sadness which made her resort to self-harming, that tyler was there for mutually. soon, that sadness because anger: anger for tyler for not being there. in her head it seemed like maybe her baby wasn't alive because the love from the parents weren't balanced. she needed tyler there and he wasn't by her side. soon, it stopped and there was just no emotion at all.

tyler on the other-hand had to pretend like he was happy. out in public he has to smile and be nice to fans but deep down he's torn about losing his son. he had just finished his album and wanted badly to put it out, and he did. he hoped that the success of this album would make him happier. he was wrong. the album didn't do great with sales. his fans were unhappy, but critics seemed to like the happier nature of it. however, everyone else seemed to hate it and it just made tyler more upset with his life.

tyler had a meeting to go to and scarlet sat in the passenger seat, in a hoodie, hair tied up and looking out the window. tyler had a song by charlie wilson playing lowly on the bluetooth.

"tyler," scarlet says.

he took a sharp turn and adjusted his grip on the wheel. "yes?"

"i think we should go our separate ways...i-" scarlet cut herself off. she didn't want to break up with him, but she thinks tyler doesn't love her anymore. "i don't think anything for us is gonna get better."

tyler stopped at a red light and punched the wheel, making the car jerk weirdly. "no, scarlet!" he yelled. he couldn't look at her. "i've lost my son, i've lost my fans, my joy, i'm not losing you. we've been together too long for us to just end it all right now. i've lost all of this shit but if i lose you, i lose everything."

scarlet let out a shaky breath. she blinked as they finally made eye contact. there was tears in his eyes. she bit on her bottom lip. "okay, tyler. i'm not leaving you." it was that day that she realized that his worst fear was losing her. to anything.