ELEVEN: EATING FOR TWO

detroit, michigan | september of 2016

touring was rough. scarlet was nauseous half the time and even though she told him that she was okay, he worried and his shows weren't as live as he wanted them to.

"i think i'm gonna just take you to an urgentcare," tyler says. he sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. it was starting to stress him out. he was slacking on shaving as well.

"tyler, that's not-"

"not a debate," he cut her off. he looked at her and the two made intense eye contact. he had an idea of what was wrong but thought it was irrational and pushed it to the back of his mind. he told the bus driver of the tour bus to take them to a nearby urgentcare.

tyler and scarlet walked inside, a hood covering scarlet's face, hand in hand with tyler. of it. he signed only a few autographs and only one picture, trying to hurry up with the sign-in. he was growing more annoyed by the minute. finally, a doctor had come to get scarlet. tyler followed her into a room and sat down on a chair while scarlet laid in the hospital bed.

"so what seems to be the problem?" the doctor asked scarlet. she began to briefly explain to her that she's been feeling really nauseous and has been throwing up a lot as well as other things. the doctor asked follow-up questions and took notes. she sighed and smiled at scarlet. "well, alright. i'm gonna need you to pee in a cup for me."

she handed her a plastic cup and scarlet promptly went to the bathroom and peed into it, coming out and giving it to the doctor. "i'll go run a test and i'll be back. tyler and scarlet sat in silence as they waited. his mind was everywhere. it would think of one thing and hop right onto the next. the doctor came back with a wide smile on her face. "first of all, you'll perfectly fine, scarlet. secondly, you're expecting." she waited for their reaction.

tyler's heart was beating in his throat and he stared blankly at the doctor. scarlet blinked profusely and raised her eyebrows slowly. "expecting? i'm pregnant?" she looked at tyler and she wasn't surprised by his reaction.

"yes. i'm going to take you to another room where a woman can do a quick ultrasound on you. that way, you'll know how far long you are and you'll know if it's healthy or not."

scarlet nodded slowly as the doctor walked out. they sat in silence again. for a long time. scarlet finally said something."i don't know how to feel."

"me neither," tyler says with a small chuckle. he got up from the chair and scarlet got up from the bed as they stood in front of one another. she put her head on his chest as they embraced one another.

"no matter what, you here for me though, right?" scarlet asked him, her voice a bit muffled.

tyler intertwined their fingers. "don't ever question it again. i'm here for you."