Chapter 4: Leaving?

The girl pokes her head out of the shrubs watching the old woman. She stood at the tower calling up to someone inside. Her instincts told her to stay put. So she did. Then the window opens. A blonde haired girl appears. "One moment Mother!" Looping her hair into a hook. "I have a big surprise!" Mother Gothel shouts up.

Blinking in awe. She's never seen so much hair. Watching as the woman ropes it around her foot. "Oh.. I do too.." the blonde haired girl said. "Ooh, I bet mine  my surprise is bigger!" Soon the woman and the girl with the long, long hair bead out of sight and hearing.

-line break-

"I seriously doubt it." Rapunzle whispers to herself. "I brought back parsnips. I'm going to make hazelnut soup for dinner." Mother Gothel tells her. "Your favorite. Surprise!" She said a bit joyfully.

"Well, Mother, there's something I wanted to tell you." "Oh, Rapunzle, you know I hate leaving you after a fight." Gothel intervenes. "Especially when I've done absolutely nothing wrong." Hanging up her cloak and walks over to set her basket down. "Okay. I've been thinking a lot about what you said earlier."  Rapunzle starts moving to the closet.

"And.." "I hope you're not talking about the stars. " Gothel interrupts. "Floating Lights. And yes. I'm leading up to that." Moving closer to the closet. "Because I really though we dropped the issue sweetheart." Gothel is keeping her voice calm while taking.

"No, Mother, I'm just saying. You think I'm not strong enough to handle myself out there."

"Oh darling. I know you're not strong enough to handle yourself out there." 

"But if you just.."

"We're done talking about this."

"Rapunzel."

"Trust me! I know what I'm.."

"Oh, come on!"

"Rapunzle! ENOUGH WITH THE LIGHTS! YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS TOWER!.. EVER!" Mother Gothel shouts at the blonde haired girl. Rapunzle freeze inches from removing the chair. Removing her hand the shock on her face melts away. Mother Gothel plops into the chair groaning. "Great. Now I'm the bad guy."  Gothel rest her head on her fingers.

Rapunzle looks from the painting to the closet before speaking. "All I was going to say , Mother, is that.. I know what I want for my birthday now." Rapunzle speaks softer holding her arms over her chest.

"And what is that?"

"New paint. The paint made from the white shells you once brought me."

"Well That is a very long trip, Rapunzle. Almost three days time." Gothel says in disbelief and shock.

"I just thought it was a better idea than the.. stars." Mother Gothel sighs. Getting up she walks over to Rapunzle. "Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?" Rapunzle hugs her. "I know I'm safe as long as I'm here." She replies.

-line break-

Watching. The young black haired girl watches as the woman reappears climbing down the tower. Using the blonde girl's hair. Crouching she peers out as the woman walks past her. Icy blue eyes turn silver. Biting back a whine/growl. Something about this person felt off. Keeping quiet the woman was soon gone. Sighing she leans on the wall. "I don't know why.. but I'm glad she's left."

Stepping out from the bush she looks up at the tower. "If that thief was in there. I hope she didn't see him."

-line break-

Back in the tower. Rapunzle had freed the thief and had him tied up to a chair with her hair. Hidden in the rafters she pulls him and the chair into the of the tower.