Episode 11: Powering Opposition

AN: Cosplaying Yokira while meeting Yusuke's English VA, Justin Cook

After Kurama's extensive training with his siblings, they set out for the Crystal Caverns in hopes of attaining the legendary Ziberian Crystals. Yusuke and Hiei also began thier journey to the caverns. The foxes slowly yet surely made their way through the obstacles with much patience. Yusuke and Hiei found their path and followed in. But as the foxes near the core of the caverns, will Yusuke and Hiei be able to catch up to them before the fox pack claims the crystals for their own? And as they inevitably meet, how will their confrontation turn out?

~*~

[Yoko Kurama and his siblings are surrounded by a maze of tunnels. Yokira shivers and laughs.]

Yokira: It's like this soil is alive. The tunnels are constantly moving and changing. Oh, it tickles! [sly] These caves are tricky; none of them lead to the chamber with the crystals.

Remayolo: Then we'll just have to solidify a straight course to the center.

Yokira: Even going straight, we'll run into other traps, I better start from the end of the maze so it doesn't move around trying to avoid us.

Osuko: Endoya and I could commence coagulating from this end after I get my energy back.

Remayolo: If you need more strength, I'm sure Little Yoko has some more helpful herbs.

[Remayolo raises an eye to Yoko Kurama who silently pulls out some herbs and holds them out to Osuko.]

Kurama Voiceover: This acquiescence must cease.

* * *

[Hiei and Yusuke pass through the ice barrier into the fire section.]

Yusuke: From freezing to frying, like we're leftovers or something.

Hiei: Modaruk said the initiatory course would prepare us for the caverns.

Yusuke: Are you sure we can trust him? Right now it looks like he just wanted us to run some errands for him.

[Ghosted layer of the Mermaid whispering to Yusuke from Episode 10.]

Mermaid Voiceover: You have friends for enemies and enemies for friends.

Yusuke: Hey, do you know anything about these crystals we're getting?

Hiei: sh.

[Voices from the foxes echo down the corridor.]

Okiya Distant: This is so exhilarating! I can hardly wait!

Remayolo Distant: Well done, siblings. Soon our efforts will be rewarded.

[Hiei sprints while Yusuke flies through the tunnel to find the owners of the voices. As they near, they slow down so as not to be detected.]

* * *

[Yokira rises from the ground and dusts off her hands while Osuko and Endoya get up from the wall they had their hands pressed against.]

Yokira: We have connected to the chamber. We can proceed now.

[A quick shot of Yusuke peaking around the corner.]

Remayolo: Yes. Very good. Let us claim our prize, siblings!

Okiya: Oh yes! [grabs Yoko Kurama's arm] Come along, Little Yoko!

Yusuke Echo: Well, well, well! Looks like we've got some foxes in the hole.

Remayolo: [turning] Who's there? Show yourself!

[Yusuke comes out from around the bend with a smirk on his face. Hiei discreetly follows as Yusuke approaches the fox pack.]