Chapter 12

Third Person POV

After Logan's parents, more specifically Lola, had left, the birthday was much more enjoyable.

Larry gave the twins their present from him, which was a bunch of kids books, before he left.

Ash had given them Nerf guns with lots of bullets that were most definitely going to end up everywhere. Patton, Logan and Dean had all given each other the same look but Pat and Lo accepted the gift nonetheless.

Dean, who the twins had begun to call Uncle Dee, totally not because of Patton, and Virgil gave the twins each two big stuffed animals that were larger than them. Remus received a large octopus, and Roman got a large lion, which he found very comfortable to sit on.
(Does anyone wanna name the octopus and/or lion?)

Emile gave Roman a bunch of Disney movies that you couldn't find on Netflix, mostly Disney princess ones because he thought Roman would like those ones because they contained princes, and Remus a bunch of fake moustaches, which he put on immediately.
(Shush, I didn't know about Disney+ when I wrote this)

And they received many more toys from Patton and Logan.

It was now two days later and they were about to leave for the camping trip. Patton wanted to get a tent and do "real" camping but Logan would not have it and rented a trailer instead. Which cost a lot more, but whatever.

Dean's POV

I was hesitant on letting Virgil go camping with them, having not being so far away from each other, even if it was just for a couple days. But I was busy that week and Roman and Patton insisted on it, Patton promising that everything would be fine.

"Okay, Virgil, you be good, got it?" I reminded, crouching down to Virgil's height.

Virgil nodded. I could tell he was happy to be going, but he was also scared and anxious about it. He didn't like being away from me when he was just at the Sanders house for a few hours a day. Never mind two whole days in a place he didn't know, in presumably the middle of nowhere!

"Stay safe, wear your sunscreen and bug spray. Say please and thank you. Eat your food. Don't be mean to Roman and Remus. Listen. Say please and thank you- did I already say that..?" I rambled, concern clear in my voice.

"Daddy," Virgil interrupted, "I be okay. No worry." He said, giving me a hug.

I could have cried right then and there at Virgil's cute yet mature voice. Of course, I didn't, but I couldn't help my eyes from watering a bit.

"Okay.." I said, pulling away from the hug and smiling at Virgil who smiled back.

"Ready to go?" Patton asked, walking over to us.

I nodded, standing back up and ushering Virgil to go over to them.

Patton whispered something to Logan and Logan nodded, beginning to gather all the kids and put them in the back of the truck. Patton walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine, we'll take care of him." Pat reassured with a smile.

It seemed to work as his voice and smile were very reassuring and different from his usual loud happy self. Nonetheless I was visibly more relaxed.

I knew I needed to be less overprotective of Virgil, but I couldn't help it. All the shit that he's been through at such a young age... I just want him to grow up and have a normal life. I don't want him to remember or know all of this shit that has happened.. I don't even know how I would tell him. I just hope the conversation never comes up. But I'm thinking too far into the future.