Chapter 4

Third Person POV

As the kids were playing, Patton was making snacks for lunch and Logan, per usual, was reading.

"You know what we should all do soon?" Patton said, breaking the silence (other then the kids loudly playing upstairs).

"What's that?" Logan asked, glancing up from his book.

"We should go camping!"

Logan scrunched his face a bit. He didn't understand what was so good about staying outside in a strange place when they had a perfectly good home that had everything they could ever need, whereas in the wild you would be restricted.

"Oh come on, I know you don't really like that kind of stuff but it's Summer! I used to go camping all the time during Summer with my family! Plus you need a break and the kids are bored of the house!" Patton justified.

"But Patton, think about the costs, the dirt, I'm in the middle of a case and.." Logan tried to argue but couldn't when he saw Patton's face turn sad.

"It's just.. you're always stressed and I know how much you hate just sitting at home.. I just figured that it was something we could do together as a family.." Patton said, quietly, after a few moments of silence, looking away.

Logan felt bad. He suddenly realised how little he hung around or did anything with his family recently. He never stopped to realise how it could be affecting them and they never told him about it or mentioned it to him. Logan put down his book and got up, hugging Patton, to which Patton hesitantly hugged back, knowing how often Logan gave out hugs, which wasn't much.

"We can go camping, Patton. I'll figure it all out, just let me finish this case first and I promise I'll take a break and go camping with you and the kids. Maybe after the twins birthday." Logan promised, making Patton smile, hugging him tighter.

"Thank you, Logiebear!"

Logan rolled his eyes, "you're welcome, Pat."

They broke the hug and Patton called down the kids for lunch to which he heard the two usual loud "Okay!" Followed by stomping and giggling. Roman and Remus, as usual, tried to beat each other down the stairs. They both jumped off the last step at seemingly the same time and they argued over who was first.

"Boys!" Patton yelled, getting their attention, "where's Virgil?" Patton questioned.

Roman and Remus both looked up the stairs as Virgil slowly and carefully slid down the stairs on his butt, spider in hand.

"Hiya Virge, were the boys nice to you?" Patton asked with a smile when he got to the bottom.

Virgil nodded, glancing between them all.

"Good, well hearing that news you guys can eat lunch in your room today! Just don't make a mess."

"Yay!" Roman and Remus cheered. They loved eating in their room. Remus liked to hide some of the food under his bed, secretly, for a midnight snack.

Patton walked up the stairs with the snack tray in hand, placing it on the ground of their room. Remus and Roman instantly dug in. Virgil took a little longer to get there, having to climb up the stairs again.

"You guys play nice!" Patton smiled, heading back downstairs.

The kids continued to eat when Remus decided that he was full enough and wanted to annoy Virgil.

"Why do you carry that spider around with you everywhere?" Remus asked.

Virgil gave a small shrug and hugged his spider a little tighter. He knew exactly why he kept it with him though.