Jaron(sage)

Why does she have to be difficult? Is this what others feel like when they put up with my stupidity because if it is then I understand why the Devils are always cursing me.

It all started the day she came back. I was having a council meeting and all of a sudden my thrown room doors burst open, and entering is my best friends Mott and Roden enter, both breathing heavily.

"Your Majesty you must come now there is some young woman who has been captured and is in critical condition." Mott said hastily

" WHAT!! Roden I told you that your men were to never hurt nor capture a woman or child . And ESPECIALLY not to nearly kill them." I exclaimed, furiously

"Yes you did your majesty but she was trying exit your kingdom without paying the taxes and we asked her if she had medical needs. She exclaimed seriously that she had none but she had to leave immediately. We asked her why and she refuse to answer us. We were going to let her go but then she tried to harm some of my men so my men acted in self-defense they were not trying to harm her but they stab in the shoulder and she lost a lot of blood and Tobias said that she is in critical condition and is examining her as we speak." Roden, the captain of my guard, spoke cautiously.

"And now," Mott said ", we asked her if she would like to speak with your highness and she said that she would rather go to the devils there and never come back before she spoke with you or anyone in the royal family or associated with them."

Now I was curious to why ,and a little bit offended I admit , that she had made a comment as such ,but now I am more than ever but I had wanted to speak with her, and see how she's doing in medical ways.

So I said to my friends "All right then may I see her now?" I said

"Umm... well Jaron, didn't you hear when we said that she would rather,
" Go to the devils lair than speak with you?" Mott said skeptically.

" Yes I did hear that but I also heard you say that she said me and anyone associated with me and both of you are associated with me and she spoke with you. Plus you have made me curious about her."I said

Behind me someone cleared there throat I looked back to see it was my lovely wife, Lady Imogen,and I smiled as I realized my mistake. Although she looked less than pleased.

I had dismissed the council long ago and all had left except my brother, Darius, and ,of course, my lovely wife Imogen. So in defense of myself I smiled sheepishly.

" Sweetheart you know I would never mean anything like that but I fear that I might know this lady and that is why I am curious about her. Not for any romantic reason of course." I said to my darling wife. She is very good at keeping me in line about stuff like that.
In response she said " Well if your going to see her then I'll go to. Just to be safe." She said with a less than amused smile.

To that my older brother said ," Well if you insist on it then I guess I could spear a few precious minutes of my time to see this mysterious woman" in a very over dramatic voice.

I laughed at this and then to the dungeons we went.