Chapter 21

Hey readers, ive finally uploaded the Trailer on YouTube. This is the link,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_PwX_c6bME&list=UUrJXTOfFPLiy33BwR1YB3Og&index=1&feature=plcp  and I'll put a direct link on the side. Feel free to check out our version of Mockingjay too! IIm sorry if the pictures i chose, or the actors/actresses i chose for your tributes dont do them justice.

Disclaimer; wish i owned HG, but i dont

And thank You to the wonderful Sydskees for editing this chapter, so that your eyes dont bleed when you see my terrible grammar.

------------------------------------

Cinocca could smell it, fear. He could imagine the boy’s heartbeat speeding up, timing his last moments before death. One beat, two, three… It exhilarated him, causing his own heart to race. This would be a very exciting kill, Daisuke was arguably one of the strongest tributes. Cinocca had been keeping tabs on him since the beginning: he was smart, quick thinking, agile, exciting.

     Cinocca pounced through the trees, shoving Daisuke onto the ground. McKinley joined him, shoving the syringe filled with venom into Daisuke’s arm. He twitched, fighting against Cinocca, clawing at his wrists. Cinocca laughed maliciously, jumping up, a sword at the ready. He watched the boy stumble to his feet in a daze. He reached into his coat, pulling out a jagged knife. Cinocca chuckled as he watched Daisuke’s eyes flitting back and forth, his mind passing through hallucinations. He clutched his head, painful sounds ringing through his ears. He let out a scream, and Cinocca grabbed him, pulling the knife from Daisuke’s hand, then dragged it across the boy’s throat. Daisuke’s screams turned into garbled choking noises, blood seeping from his lips. His knees buckled, but before he could fall McKinley grabbed him, pushing him back to his feet.

     “Fight,” she told him, “be a man and fight.”

      Daisuke jumped, pushing McKinley onto the ground growling at her. She laughed at him, only causing him to get angrier. She rolled over, pushing her hands on to his chest. She pushed down on his chest again, causing blood to roll from his lips. Mckinley heard someone step up behind her, and then they fell, landing on her. She turned over the body, seeing Crystal’s blond hair stained with blood. Cinocca came by her side, pulling the dagger from Crystal’s back. Her cannon boomed, and Cinocca plunged the dagger into Daisuke’s chest. He grabbed McKinley’s hand, dragging her to her feet.

     “Go!” he whispered frantically, pulling her into the forest. “She was going to kill you; Kryton and her were planning it. I killed her but he got away. We can’t trust him.” His dark eyes pleaded with her.

      Daisuke’s cannon went off, and McKinley heart raced.

    “We have to hide” said Cinocca. He helped her up into a tree, climbing up into the thick branches. “They teamed up early on, I think they wanted to wipe us out. They also had Ajax with them, but he stayed behind to watch Harlow, study her,” he met her gaze. “I need you to warn her. She doesn’t trust me yet,” he sighed. “And she needs to know before it’s too late.” He grabbed her arms. “I can’t believe I almost let that happen.” He buried his face in her shoulder. “I need to seem fearless” he whispered. “But it’s so hard, I just need a break for a little.”

     “Ok,” she whispered quietly. “I understand, there’s always so much pressure”

     “Thank you,” said Cinocca, looking back up into McKinley’s grey eyes. Electricity buzzed between them, sparks flying. And he leaned forward, his lips brushing against hers. Then he pulled back quickly. “Sorry..." He whispered.

      McKinley leaned forward, murmuring in his ear, “I didn’t know you had a soft spot.”

     “I don’t know what you’re talking about Angel,” he said, twirling a lock of her hair between his fingers.

-----------------------------------------------------------

     Garland cringed at the sight of the faces in the sky. He counted them off on his fingers; both from 1, the pretty blonde girl; Crystal and her district partner Beryl. Both Acrebeth and Holden from district two, both from six; the boy; Daisuke had just showed up today; and Alexia had died the first day. Reese and Pax from seven had both died on the first day, the two district nine tributes Arabella and Sawyer, and finally, both from 10; Pyrrha and Achilles. Altogether that made twelve; half of the tributes were dead. Garland felt great sorrow; no one should have to die.

He tried to distract himself from those thoughts, filling his head with music instead of grief. He hummed his tune to himself, thinking out the lyrics, he was almost finished.

Elodie plopped down beside him, holding out a plucked bird. “Kordeen caught us dinner!” she said. Garland chucked.

     “He is one smart kid,” he said smiling.

     “Ya, he’s got some good survival skills.” She turned towards him. “You finish your song?”

     “Almost,” he replied.

     “Can I hear it?” she asked.

     “You have to wait until it’s done.”

      “Aw,” she pouted, breaking into a smile a second later. “You should sleep, it’s my turn to keep watch. ”

-------