Chapter 24

Hey guys, Im so terribly sorry, feel free to hate on me. I had setbacks, and writers block, and homework, and exams, and more homework. And then three months had passed! I feel really terrible, especially since this story is coming to a close. I hope you guys stick with me, (I made this chapter long to try to make up for a bit) I think it’ll only be a few more chapters long. Thank you everyone for supporting me, and sticking to this story, it means so much. Hugs for everyone.

And Sydney_Skeezer I didn’t send this chapter to you because I didn’t want anyone to wait any longer, I will send the future chapters for editing except for the last because I want everyone to find out who wins at the same time. Thank you so much.

And on with the chapter. (1872 words ahh!)

---------------

“So Tanner, it’s nice to have you back in the capitol” Caesar grinned, licking his violet lips.

“That it is, it’s been much too long” Tanner replied, his smile not meeting his eyes. “And I’ve definitely missed being up on this stage. Although, I guess its Kin’s turn now”

“Indeed, I must say Tanner, your sister is a fighter too.”

“Yup, I have no doubt that she can win. It would be great.”

“You’d be the most famous siblings in all of Panem.”

“Ya, not only one victor, but two!” Tanner cried. “It would be so great, we’d be the richest, most well-known family in the whole country”

“So, we all know lots about you know already, and I know all of us here in the capitol are so excited to hear more about McKinley”

“Well, Kin is just great. She’s only fourteen, going on fifteen, and she’s doing well. I’m real proud of her for making it this far, I believe that she can win, if she fights hard enough.”

“Yes, well she’s doing so well, although I’m not sure about that boy she has allied with.”

“Oh I wouldn’t worry Caesar, Kin knows what she’s doing” Tanner said. “She has always known”

“So, are you two close?”

“We used to be, but we’ve grown apart somewhat since I won” Tanner continued. “But we used to train together, I remember one time Kin was actually trying to beat me in the training center. We were doing hand to hand combat. It was the year before I won, so I was 15 and she was only 8 or so. Despite everything, she had me pinned down in a couple minutes. A rubber arrow aimed at my heart. She’s a fighter! And now she's almost 15... Imagine an 8 year old beating a soon to be victor… I can only wonder everything she can do now!”

“Yes, well, she sure is doing well.” The bell went off. “That’s all our time, thank you Tanner, may luck be out to your sister!”

Tanner stood up, and as soon as he passed the boundaries, he began fidgeting, pulling at his shirt collar nervously. He had been so sure before, so sure that it would be so great to be rich, for McKinley to be rich. But now, he wasn’t so sure. Maybe getting her to volunteer hadn’t been the right choice.

----------------------------------------

                Hugo watched as the blonde boy walked from the stage. He knew he would be as famous as the District 2 victor one day. After Poplar won of course, he and his sister would be rich and famous. The boy couldn’t wait for that day.

The next interview was boring, in his opinion. Just the family of the boy from three; boasting about how amazing Cinocca was, how he was undeniably to be the victor. Hugo didn’t agree of course, he knew his sister could beat that guy any day, Poplar was like a superhero.