Ch. 3 - Girl's Night

Evelyn snuggled into her large sweatshirt as she watched the sunset back dropping the small town from the back of the pack truck.

Toni was at the wheel, chatting happily with Ryanne sitting in the passenger seat. The short bright haired she-wolf always looked so comical in the driver's seat of their pack truck. Evelyn could only see her hand appear along the edge of the driver's seat, she was so small.

Ryanne laughed at most of what Toni said. Her short curls bounced with every shake of her head. Her bright green eyes darted between Toni and Evelyn, making sure they both were happy and okay. Her smile was soft and lopsided as she traded shots with Toni, eager to get what she had missed since she had been gone at College all year.

She had been looking towards this girl's night since Toni and Ryanne had brought it up to her when she had finally left her room on Wednesday. She was ready for some Chinese and then a ton of tequila when they returned to the den.

Once again, she was more than thankful they had scheduled this girl's night over a month ago. It was honestly perfect timing, being two weeks out from 'the incident'.

Evelyn basked in the wolf magic flowing freely between the three. It felt right and old at the same time. The magic caresses and floral happiness reminded her of years past and happier times. Just what the pack doctor ordered.

She almost hopped out of the truck before Toni fully parked. She couldn't wait to gorge herself on kung po chicken and get drunk off of shitty margaritas as they caught up with Ryanne (and she tried to forget about the four years she just learned that she wasted).

"Eager for Chinese?" Ryanne called as Evelyn was already out of the car.

"Oh ~ you have no idea!" Evelyn practically sang as she slammed the door. Both Toni and Ryanne laughed and mimicked her sentiments as they walked towards the only Chinese place in town.

"So, no more rambling from me," Toni said as they settled in the sparse both, "How's college treating you Ryanne??"

Ryanne laughed lightly as Evelyn echoed Toni's sentiment. A light blush settled on her cheeks.

"Ooo ~ why are you blushing??" Evelyn ribbed.

"I'm not!" Ryanne argued sheepishly as Toni elbowed her.

"Are you holding out on us? Who is it??" Toni urged.

"Well, he's from the Smoky Peak pack..." Ryanne trailed off as Evelyn squealed softly while clapping excitedly. Toni urged her to tall them all the details about this new wolf that had captured her attention.

The rest of dinner consisted of Ryanne answering all of Toni and Evelyn's eager questions about the wolf that had her positively smitten. It was good to hear all about it after what had happened to her at the beginning of the week. It felt good to giggle and fangirl about a wolf for Ryanne and not think about her own problems with wolves and romance.

It wasn't until the three friends sat in Evelyn's room with cheap margarita mix and tequila bottles between them that Ryanne asked about what happened with Lucas.

"So, I've gotten the quick run-down, that its finished, but what had happened between y'all? I thought there had been talks of mating??" Ryanne asked.

Evelyn gulped down half of her margarita.

"The bastard had been cheating on me with this bitch, Amanda." That was all Evelyn could get out before the alcohol called to her again.

"He what!?" Ryanne exclaimed, appalled.

"Yeah, apparently he had been dating her for several months and had told her twice that he had feelings for her."

"He didn't talk to you about it?"

"No. I had to hear about it from Bryan."

"Bryan? Really?"

"Yeah – well after Michael told him what was going on."

"I still think Michael should have told us earlier," Toni mumbled.

"Yeah. I would have liked to know earlier too, but I'm just happy he told Bryan eventually so that I could get out now." Evelyn tried to soothe Toni.

She really wasn't angry with Michael. Lucas had put him in a bad spot, making him promise on the moon not to tell a soul then dropping the bomb that he's been unfaithful. That wasn't fair to a submissive, especially such a religious one like Michael. And then to decide to break that and tell a different pack member the wrong doings of his own alpha, that took a lot out of a submissive.

"But yeah, Bryan told me on – uh – two? Sunday nights ago what he knew. And I immediately texted the dick that 'I knew about Amanda and that I was giving him his shit the next day and to have fun dating her.'" Evelyn's voice was harsh. She took another large gulp of her margarita, enjoying the warmth that began to settle in her stomach.

"Damn, that's cold," Ryanna said with pride as she filled Evelyn's margarita up with more tequila, "What happened when you gave him his stuff back?"

"It was just a bunch of bullshit. He had the gall to tell me that he didn't cheat because cheating was only sex, when I know the fucker made out with her at Cinco de Mayo." Evelyn grumbled as she drank more of her margarita. A welcomed lightness settling into her.

"He fucking said that?!" Toni asked.

"Yeah! Cheating is only sex according to him. Not taking a girl on dates. Not sucking her face. Sex."

"What the fuck. That's so wrong. Emotional cheating is a thing." Ryanne shook her head before taking a sip from her own drink.

"Yeah I know!" Evelyn drank more, "That's what I told him." When had her drink gotten so empty? Ryanne filled her cup up with more tequila. The burn down her throat felt amazing as she drank more.

"How are you doing?" Ryanne asked.

"I'm doing okay, I guess." Evelyn shrugged as she watched her glass. Surely it was fuller than that? Ryanne had just refilled it – right? "I mean – I kind of – I'm still a little numb, y'know?"

Toni and Ryanne nodded and waited for her to continue.

"I don't know. It's like I know what happened and all. But I – uh – it hasn't fully hit yet. I know its over and I know it was right with what I did. But I also don't really feel anything from it yet. At least not like the night I found out. Its weird."

"Well, here – more margarita will help," Ryanne said as she poured the rest of the tequila bottle into Evelyn's cup.

"Oh definitely," Evelyn giggled bitterly, "Thank the goddess we had scheduled this when we did. I really needed it."

Evelyn missed the shared look between Toni and Ryanne as she chugged her tequila heavy margarita.