Chapter 14

John dropped down to Moriarty’s side as the gunmen ran off in the opposite direction. Moriarty lay on his back, his eyes open wide. John was just about to undo Moriarty’s shirt to assess the damage the bullet did, when Moriarty sat up, ripped open his own shirt to reveal a bullet proof vest. The vest was pierced at heart level and as Moriarty slipped it off a small trickle of blood ran down his sternum.

John examined the wound, tore a piece of the sleeve from Moriarty’s shirt and pressed it firmly to staunch the blood flow. “Moriarty, keep pressure on it like this,” John said as he took Moriarty’s hand in his. As Moriarty’s hand replaced John’s, their fingers briefly touched becoming slick with Moriarty’s blood. John wiped his bloody hand on Moriarty’s shirt and then took Moriarty’s pulse. Though it beat fast John was satisfied that Moriarty was not in danger. “Come on, let’s go,” John said as he helped Moriarty up. “There is bound to be Israeli soldiers along any minute.” John had no sooner gotten the words out of his mouth when the sound of a group of young women talking reached their ears. John and Moriarty ducked behind a large tree as a group of young female, Uzi carrying soldiers walked through the garden, stopping to chat within ear shot of John and Moriarty’s hiding place. Moriarty smiled as he listened to their conservation. John was less amused for he didn’t know Hebrew and all he wanted was for those wretched soldiers to leave. John breathed a sigh of relief as they laughed and moved on. Once Moriarty and John were sure the soldiers were gone they came out from their hiding place.

“Well, that was close. What were they talking about anyway?” John snapped irritability.  

Moriarty chuckled, “They were talking about their boyfriends.”

John sighed and looked off into the distance, “What kind of world do we live in when young women are carrying Uzis and chatting about their boyfriends? “As Moriarty stood beside John, he became acutely aware of Moriarty’s presence at his side. “Moriarty, thank you, I mean you didn’t have to you know…Take a bullet for me.”

Moriarty smiled as he gazed into John’s eyes. “You know I would do anything for you, John. What puzzles me is why didn’t you kill me and escape when you had the chance?” Moriarty said softly as he lightly ran his fingers over John’s arm.

Mycroft gazed at Mary as she stood just outside in the little garden at the safe house. The intense light of the Middle Eastern sun made Mary’s hair appear as if it were glowing. Mary turned around and waved at Mycroft. Mycroft’s heart pounded in his chest as Mary made her way towards him. She stopped just short of his chest and held up her face for a morning kiss. Mycroft bent down to give her small peck on the cheek and then changed his mind as he drew her into his arms and kissed her deeply. Mary’s tongue moved delicately in Mycroft’s mouth and he was so engrossed in the kiss he gasped in surprise when he felt her hand pushing between his legs. Mary pushed harder and harder until Mycroft’s arousal soon turned to discomfort as the crotch area of his trousers tightened.

Mycroft had never made love outdoors in his life. “God, there was a first time for everything.” Mycroft thought as he lay on his back in the garden. Mary’s voice came out in squeaks as Mycroft’s long fingers reached into her underwear and began to penetrate her deeper and deeper until Mycroft’s hand was wet with Mary’s fluid. Mycroft’s blue eyes widened and his forehead became dotted with beads of sweat as Mary undid his pants, jerked down his underwear, her hands reaching for the prize inside. Mycroft wanted to roll Mary underneath him and push wildly inside her; instead he gently moved her underneath him, as Mary took her hand and guided him to that warm, sweet place where Mycroft cried out as he thrust into Mary slowly and methodically at first and then faster and faster as Mary groaned thrusting her hips upward so that Mycroft could go deeper inside her.

Mycroft’s lips devoured Mary’s neck as he murmured softly in her ear. “Mary, I want to please you. Show me where your spot is, for I want to penetrate it so deeply that you scream for me. Come on Mary, show me.” Mycroft said as his breath came out in ragged gasps, as Mycroft’s movements speeded up and his body thrashed wildly as Mary moved a little to his left Mycroft felt a release as warm fluid from his body poured inside Mary and down her legs. Mycroft could see from Mary’s quivering lips and from the way she threw her legs open wider that he had reached her. Mycroft thrust into her a couple more times and then he buried his face in her hair. “Mary, oh God Mary I love you.” Mycroft said as he moved his tongue down her body and between her legs. Mary screamed out in pleasure and she pulled on Mycroft’s hair as she took her fingers and made the way clearer so that Mycroft’s tongue could reach deeper into her. Mary gasped and whimpered as Mycroft’s teeth grazed her slightly, so that his tongue could reach its intended target inside her.

Sherlock stood at the window watching Mycroft and Mary make love. Any decent person would have looked away, but Sherlock watched Mycroft’s display of passion in fascination, for he had no idea that he could rouse a woman to the ecstasy that Mary was experiencing.  Sherlock watched Mary as she screamed and dug her heels into the grass. “She is not faking it,” Sherlock thought as Mary screamed, gasped and thrashed underneath Mycroft. “Way to go brother mine,” Sherlock thought in amusement. As he turned away from the window Sherlock’s loneliness clawed at him until he felt wretched and small. “I’ve got to do something,” Sherlock thought as he restlessly paced the small confines of his room. At one point Sherlock smacked his palm against his forehead in frustration at his own stupidity. “My God, I have been so stupid. I should have thought of Isaac days ago,” Sherlock thought as he pulled out his iPhone, brought up his list of contacts and texted: IG Long time no see. In Jerusalem need help with mind palace. SH

John had just finished bandaging up Moriarty when a chime sounded on Moriarty’s tablet informing him that he had a message. Moriarty ignored it as he looked at John with those brown glittering eyes. “John, the time has come for me to take you on a journey. A journey if transmutation back in time to Jerusalem as it was in the days of the Knights Templar.”

John looked at Moriarty as if he had lost his mind. “What the hell are you getting at?” John snapped. “Is this some kind of trick?”

Moriarty shook his head. “No, it is not a trick. Are you ready to see how I kept from being dead, or how it appears that I can be in two places at once?” Moriarty whispered.

John was fed up with all of Moriarty’s double talk. “Sure, why not? What have I got to lose?” John thought bitterly.

A few moments later John stood with Moriarty in what appeared to be a combination of a laboratory and worship center with an altar. John shivered. The place gave him the creeps. Moriarty gestured for John to stand next to him. “John, have you any idea what document I was really after this afternoon?” Moriarty asked and then continued on not waiting for John’s answer. “I wanted a recipe, an ancient recipe that showed how years ago a Knight Templar had achieved transmutation. You see John; I wanted to destroy the document, so that no one could duplicate the process.” Moriarty then reached into what he called the hood, which was a sterile environment. He then pulled out a small vial, poured a small amount of liquid into a beaker and gently lifted it out, spit in it and drank a small portion and then handed the vial to John.

John looked at the contents of the beaker with distaste and sighed. “This is more up Sherlock’s alley; after all he’s the one who drank coffee with an eyeball in it.” John thought as he took a drink from the beaker. “Well, no guts, no glory,” John said aloud.