Chapter 7

John stared at the computer screen in fascination as Moriarty pointed out certain points on a 3D projection of a Human DNA chain. As Moriarty spoke John felt less lonely and in the back of his mind John knew he was starting to identify with his captor. In the military he had been trained to deal with Stockholm syndrome; however nothing could prepare an individual for the situation John was in. As the days passed John felt that perhaps Moriarty was not as bad as everyone had first thought. As if in answer to his mental meanderings Moriarty began to rub the tension out of John’s neck muscles. It felt so good that John almost laid his head down on the table and began to drool.  When John didn’t pull away Moriarty put his arms around John as he rubbed his hands over John’s thin T-Shirt. When John felt his nipples start to harden he jumped up out of the chair and angrily stormed across the room in frustration. The longing for another’s touch was becoming a need that John couldn’t ignore much longer.

John went into the bathroom turned the cold water on in the sink and let it run over his warm neck. Moriarty stood in the doorway smiling as he watched John. The bathroom didn’t have any doors, so Moriarty was able to watch John at his leisure. So, far Moriarty had given John his privacy in the bathroom, today was the only exception. Finally John turned off the water and straightened up and shouted. “Isn’t bad enough that you keep me a prisoner? Am I not to have any alone time in the bathroom either?” The water from John’s wet hair ran down his neck and onto his shirt. Moriarty stopped smiling and swallowed as the water soaked through the front of John’s shirt making it transparent.

Moriarty eye’s glazed over in lust as he let them linger on John’s chest.  “God, John,” he gasped as he took a step forward. John backed up slowly to keep his personal space free.  However, John was no match for Moriarty. Grabbing him by the waist Moriarty backed John into the wall and began to forcibly kiss him. John could feel the hardening tightness in the front of Moriarty’s jeans as he rubbed up against him. Moriarty bit John’s lower lip playfully and then broke away panting, “Get out, John now. Leave me.”

John slid out of Moriarty’s grasp and began to pace in the small kitchenette. He had been so close to giving into Moriarty’s advances that John pounded the counter of the kitchen sink in frustration. “God, Sherlock where are you? Please help me. I am starting to lose my grip on reality,” John thought as he licked the blood from his lower lip where Moriarty had bit him. Moriarty’s living space was one enormous room with a small bathroom and kitchenette. There was only one bed that Moriarty had let John have, as he slept on the couch. John made his way to the bed and sat down at the edge. Tears fell from his eyes as he buried his head in his hands. “How am I going to survive this?” John thought in despair.

A few minutes later Moriarty strode into the room with the dreaded handcuffs. Every time he left his quarters he handcuffed John to a metal pole in the center of the room. “I need to go out,” Moriarty said softly as John let himself be led to the pole. John had tried to escape several times only to be shocked senseless with some sort of electrical stun device that Moriarty always had on him. Meekly John made his way to the pole he just wasn’t up to being mildly electrocuted today. Moriarty kept his head averted from John’s gaze as John held out his hands to be cuffed. John was surprised that instead of the cold hard metal cuffs, Moriarty handcuffed him with black fur covered ones. Moriarty kept his head down as he spoke softly. “John, I noticed the metal cuffs were starting to cut into your wrists, so I got these.”

John nodded in appreciation. “Thank you,” he answered. John was surprised that when Moriarty lifted up his head, his face was red, blotchy and tear stained. “Moriarty is human. He seems to care for me. Maybe I misjudged him,” John thought in confusion as Moriarty turned to leave.

Once he was alone, John sat with his back against the pole and tried to think of something else.  He moved his neck around in a semi-circle in an attempt to break up the tension. John then let his mind drift to he and Moriarty’s scientific discussion that had taken place earlier that day.