The Day that Light took Me

Sherlock stood watching John run through the paces with Hope, each move perfectly blended. "John," Sherlock called out, "Take off your shirt."

John frowned at Sherlock and came riding over, "What, did you say take off my shirt?"

Sherlock smiled shyly, "Please."

John shook his head and grinned, "Sherlock, we've got to get you back to the city, for it's obvious you are bored. I mean who wants to see my chubby, little, white belly fat flapping in the breeze while I ride a horse?"

Sherlock looked down at the ground digging in the dirt with his shoe, "I do."

John laughed, thinking Sherlock was up to some game or other, so he pulled off his shirt, threw it to the ground and then said, "Don't hold yourself back now."

Sherlock took one look at John and vaulted over the fence, while John patted Hope's neck assuring him it wasn't an attack. "It's okay, Hope, it's just Sherlock, not a frontal assault."

Sherlock pulled at John's leg and said in his most sexy voice, "The hell it's not."

John loved Sherlock's low menacing voice when he wanted kink, but his lounge lizard, gold chained, 70's bar sexy voice made John want to laugh, but knowing how serious Sherlock was John pursed his lips and looked down at the ground. A tug later and John was in Sherlock's arms and on the ground, while Sherlock kissed his neck, his hands fumbling at the top button of John's jeans.

"Sherlock, wait, come on we need to talk," John said breathlessly as he sat up.

Sherlock folded his arms across his chest and said in a surly voice, "I don't want to talk."

"Sherlock," John said softy as he reached over and pulled a blade of grass from Sherlock's hair.

Sherlock melted and just leaned back heavily in John's arms. "Sherlock, it's okay I know you're bored and need to get back to the city. I mean your tastes in the bedroom have become more bizarre, even for you. For God's sake you wanted me to pee in a jar, so you could drink it."

Sherlock sighed, "It was for an experiment."

John chuckled, "Sure it was."

Sherlock turned to face John, "So, you didn't like my new bedroom techniques? Because you certainly screamed like you did. Even when I covered your mouth with my hand so I could perform optimally, you moaned and bit at my fingers until they bled. I couldn't practice my violin for a few days after that incident."

"Sherlock, I enjoyed all of it. Now, I've found a place to board Hope in the city, so what do you say we get back to London? Come on," John said as he tickled Sherlock until he started to smile and then laugh.

After a few moments, Sherlock pinned John down and began to tickle him under his arms until John begged for mercy. Sherlock, then lay back and caught his breath and said, "John, we do need to get back to the city, but Hope wouldn't be happy in the city, so I've been thinking we should buy a getaway country place. What do you think?" Sherlock asked shyly.

John propped his head on his hand and said, "Sherlock, that's a marvelous idea."

A clapping of hands startled them both and John was instantly on his feet, for there in front of them was Moriarty with a gun in his hand. Sensing danger, Hope snorted and came prancing towards them.

"Call the horse off, or I will shoot it," Moriarty snarled.

John panicked that Moriarty would shoot anyway and gave a hand command to the horse. Hope stopped, turned reluctantly around and headed back towards the stables. "Wow, he is just as well trained as Sherlock, isn't he John?"

John didn't answer Moriarty's question, he just held out his hands in a placating gesture, "Moriarty, I did as you asked, now please don't shoot him."

"Sherlock or the horse," Moriarty said nastily.

"Neither," John answered desperately.

Moriarty laughed, "John, what kind of a person do you think I am? I would never shoot Hope. After all how do you think he made the transfer here? Through that little man Isaac? He barely had the energy to send you all back. Pathetic man, it was a pleasure to kill him."

"You piece of shit, bastard," John said as Sherlock held him back from charging Moriarty.

"Oh, he is well trained, John. You've done a marvelous job with him. Much better than I could have done, but then he is worth it, isn't he? He is sooooo responsive in bed, a sexual acrobat, a sensuous chess master in the bedroom." Moriarty saw the blank look on John's face and said, "Ohhhh, so Sherlock didn't tell you about our night together. Oh yes, John, don't look so shocked, but don't worry you are the official taker of Sherlock's virginity. Sherlock, do you want to tell John about our night, or shall I?" Moriarty then held his hand cupped to his ear. "What's that you want me to? Okay, fine then, it was after you," Moriarty pointed to John," moved back in with serial killer wife Mary. There was poor Sherlock on the ground of your flat, shooting up, vomiting, crying, smashing things about, it was pathetic. I was going to kill him, but then it was much better to shag him and I didn't mind when he called out your name over and over, John. Oh and in case you're wondering, I tied Sherlock up until he was sober, and then I shagged him. John, he was free, unfettered, no ropes, no drug induced seduction; he came to me of his own free will, three or four times as I recall. But don't worry John he wasn't as good as you, for you are sweet, forceful, military kink all rolled into one neat little package. God, John come over here and let's show our little, well not so little, Sherlock how it's done."

John's face had grown deathly white. "Stop it, just stop it," he stuttered.

"Enough of this," Moriarty hissed as he pointed the gun at Sherlock's head.

"Moriarty, drop the gun," Lestrade said as he stood behind Moriarty.

Moriarty looked at John and smiled sadly, "Lights out this time, Johnny." He said then reached out further with the gun.

"No, don't shoot," John said for he could tell from Moriarty's hand position that the safety was on. Moriarty winked at John and then leaned forward further with the gun.

The shot seemed to echo in John's mind as he screamed, "Noooooooooo."

Rushing over John caught Moriarty's body in his arms; desperately he tried to stop the flow of blood that rushed out of the wound in Moriarty's chest. John's hands became engorged with Moriarty's dark almost black blood, as he futilely attempted to stop Moriarty from bleeding out.

"John, stop, it's okay," Moriarty whispered as he shook in John's arms.

"No, no, Jim, hang on, please don't die, you can reform, you can change," John sobbed.

Moriarty shook his head, "John, remember my journal. Remember the day that darkness took me?" John nodded as he gasped for air. "John, I can see Ann, she is here to take me back into the light. John, don't cry, don't worry, for today is the day that the light will take me. See, John even now my eyes are changing."

John looked down and Moriarty's eyes no longer looked crazed, just brown, just light brown, and then a hiss of air and Moriarty was gone.

                        ____________

Sherlock pried John's blood encrusted hands from Moriarty's body. Sherlock led John back into the house. Sherlock bathed John. Sherlock gave John a sedative. Sherlock then lay down beside John and slept. The next day they buried Moriarty together, forgave each other, loved each other and never for one moment did they take their light for granted.