He's My Date

“Run, I must,” John thought as he ran down the street in a panic. “Sherlock and I have to re-define the nature of our association, just friends, just friends, “John mumbled aloud.

He bumped into several pedestrians as John sought shelter from the rain behind a trash bin. He had only been there a few moments when a figure pulled him gently out into the open, thinking it was Sherlock, John relaxed, only to stiffen when he saw who it really was.

“Moriarty,” John gasped aloud as John held him at arm’s length.

Moriarty sighed as he took off his coat and wrapped it around John, “For God’s sake John we’ve slept together, I think you can call me Jim.” When John didn’t answer Moriarty pulled him towards the light, “Jesus, John, you look awful. Hasn’t that piss-ant Sherlock been taking care of you? Never mind I can see he hasn’t,” Moriarty sighed as he noted how John’s clothes hung loosely on his caved in body. “I gave you back to him and how does he repay my precious gift? He neglects you. John please just come away with me, for I will cherish you, love you, spoil you like you’ve never been spoiled in all of your life. John everyone in your life has taken you for granted, now it’s your turn. It’s your turn to be special.” Moriarty whispered as his luminous brown eyes stared into John’s frightened blue ones.

“You’ll have to take me by force, for I’m not going back to him and I’m not going with you either. How much do you love me, Mor..Jim? Enough to let me go?” John stated his voice quivering towards the end of his sentence.

Moriarty smiled as he smoothed John’s hair down, “John, Sherlock can come away with us, he can be your little pet, I’ll even get him a collar, and you can parade him around naked, trust me he’ll love it.” Moriarty said as he slipped his hands around John’s waist letting them rest in the small of his back. “It appeals to you doesn’t it?” Moriarty whispered as he ran his tongue along John’s neck and then bit on his shoulder until a trickle of blood ran down John’s back. He then brushed his hand up against John’s pelvis, “Aw John, I am disappointed for I felt sure this would have aroused you. God, you were fine in that area with me, that duplicitous little turd, Sherlock has ruined you, how I hate him.” Moriarty spat.

John pulled away from Moriarty’s grasp and said firmly as he handed him back his coat, “Good-bye, Jim.”

Moriarty looked so sad and vulnerable for a moment that John was shocked.  Then a transformative evil spirit seemed to drift over his features as Moriarty scowled. “John, I won’t force you for I want you to come with me willingly. I am purchasing an estate not too far from Mycroft’s and you and Hope would be quite comfortable there I assure you.”

John smiled sadly at Moriarty, “No, I’m sorry.”

Moriarty turned away from John and said calmly, “At least let me drop you somewhere, it’s freezing out here.”

Without a word John turned away from Moriarty squaring his shoulders against the frigid air.  He had only walked a few steps away when another figure called out to him, “Doctor Watson, is that you?”

John squinted into the darkness; half expecting it to be some trick of Moriarty’s, but it was only a member of Sherlock’s homeless network. “Bill, Bill, Wiggins, isn’t it?” John asked softly.

“Yes, yes that’s right, Doctor Watson.” Bill replied impressed that John remembered him for the homeless were invisible to most. His large eyes took in John’s appearance and he frowned. “Doctor Watson, you look done in. Do you want me to fetch Sherlock?”

John shook his head vehemently, “No, no, I’m fine.”

Bill sized up the situation in a moment. “He has nowhere to go,” Bill thought. “Look Doctor, there’s a place you can rest quietly if that sounds fine to you.”