Chapter 2

[2 — Bond]

|| 049's P.O.V ||

   "Ah, you see I'm quite certain with how things have been proceeding; we'll end up in some sort of companionship." My voice rung out and then going lower for what I said afterwards. "We could go from you appalling me to some sort of bond. An acquaintanceship at most, I'm sure!"

   It was still rather hard to believe that the individual in front of me was the same very one that used to yank on my chains and in spit in my face every time I had even thrown a slight glare in their direction whenever they had insulted my work. The fact that person was the same one in front of me was now suddenly terrified of the building they walked so confidently in. It was strange having someone like that abruptly rely on me for protection from a place they contained... To get them out of a place they used to see as mere holding ground for pests.

   Of course, that had always made me wonder: Why was I considered insane when beasts like that were roaming the halls?

   "And why do you think that?" You had asked from behind me.

   I glanced down at you: A beast turned soft.

   "Well, given you will be stuck with me for what I presume to be numerous days, as these... Breaches... Tend to last that long, I have reason to assume that at least some sort of connection would form. Do you disagree?"

   "It makes sense," you had started, though you sounded reluctant to admit it, "but I don't think it'd matter. As soon as we make it out, we're parting ways."

   "I wouldn't have it otherwise," I reassured you. Truly, I didn't have much of a purpose for keeping you around other than a means of escape, and it was clear to me that you had me the same way.

   The both of us had pursued down the corridors until I began to notice that you were starting to lag behind. Given such, I pivoted with a relaxed motion to face you, retaining my stoic tone. "I take it you need to rest, do you not?"

   The answer was evident to me just by the look of your poor stature, yet: "I'm fine. Let's keep going."

   Lightly, I shook my head as I stepped closer to you, hands rising to your shoulders. "Now, now, you're in no good of a shape."

   I had turned you around in an attempt to guide you to the closest room, but to my expectations, you resisted. You writhed in my hold, glaring at me. "I-I said I'm fine!" Distress wielded in your voice. "Let me go!"

   At the command, I ceased, letting go of you respectively. "From how you look, you're exhausted from all of the trauma and shock you're undergoing. I understand you want to leave this place— As do I— but your mortal body needs rest."

   Brows furrowing, your jaw clenched along with it. "...Mortal body?"

   "Your body, [Name]," I reworded in the assumption you had a distaste for the original way. "Overexertion deteriorates the body, does it not?"

   An idea came to mind, and so I went with it. Stepping past you, I moved towards the room with my hands joined behind my back. After all, you had little choice but to stick by me, so all I had to do was wait.

   A sigh was audible from you behind me. "Fine," it came out tiredly.

   With an open of the door, I entered the room, glancing over my shoulder to see you about to the so as well. Turning my focus on the room, it looked like some sort of... I wasn't sure, really.

   A few chairs had been established, one being at a desk with a couple devices I was unenlightened on. There was a shelf assorted with books and the various other things like a strange looking version of a clock hung up on the wall. It seemed as if numerals had even changed within the years of my containment. There wasn't much else of nose, save for the boxes littering the corners full of indefinite items.