Chapter 6

I can honestly say that I was pretty scared to call Hailey.  Not only would she be upset, but I didn't really want to be on the phone at that moment.  One Direction was in hotel room, and I was supposed to be getting to know them, not talking with my best friend.

"Shyanna, explain," Hailey said, sounding a little annoyed.  Then something hit me, this might be easier to do over video chat.

"Can we Skype?" I asked, trying to sound innocent.  She sighed, and I heard her moving around for her computer. Score!

"Fine, but hurry and get on."

"Will do," I promised, hanging up the phone and grabbing my carry on bag.  I pulled out my laptop and booted it up, waiting for Skype to load.  It took a little while but it finally came on, and about two seconds later Hailey was calling me.

"Why is One Direction in your hotel room?"  Hailey asked the second the video loaded.  I could see that she was in her bedroom in our apartment, and it was messy as usual.

"That's kinda a long story...."  I muttered, rubbing my hands together. "The radio station got the tickets messed up so I went to London instead.  There's some stuck up snob who won't let me go to Paris because she wants to be there, so now I'm stuck in London and have to film a One Direction music video."

She blinked, "So you won that other contest?"  She asked, tucking her hair behind her ear.  I nodded.

"Somehow they got my name in the wrong box or something," I explained, "Anyway, now all the boys are in the living room because I have to 'get to know them' along with the other girls.  I guess they want us to be friends for the video shoot or something."

"Makes since," Hailey nodded, "I mean, it'll be easier to have chemistry if you know someone and you're not strangers."  Hm, Hailey sure was smart.  That, or she just somehow comes up with smart things to say by accident.  I'm not quite sure why.  "Wait, did you say your hotel room has a living room?!"

"Yup," I nodded, chuckling.  I knew that would get her. "It has four other bedrooms too for the other girls.  Want to see it?"

"Oh my god, yes!"  She screeched, clapping her hands, "Wait, I'm about to indirectly meet One Direction, I have to put something nice on!"  Before I could tell her it wouldn't matter she had jumped off the bed and was gone.  I could see different outfits flying every where, and at some point I heard loud crash. Hopefully she was okay.

I sat in my room for ten minutes waiting for her to change, and when she did I was a little annoyed.  It was just a video chat, it wasn't like she was meeting them in person!  When Hailey came back she was wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans, and a white crop top with a big pink heart on it, which hung off her shoulder and showed a bit of stomach.  She had also touched up her makeup and done her hair.

"How do I look?"  She asked, still fiddling with her hair, "Good enough?"

"Yeah, hun, you look fabulous," I laughed, rolling my eyes.  She was always the perfectionist when it came to her appearance, where as I rarely ever cared.  The boys were lucky I wasn't in sweat pants, we'll just say that.

"Thanks," Hailey blushed at the compliment, "I love you for this, just remember that."  I nodded, finally standing up and walking into the living room with my computer.

"Shyanna!"  All the boys yelled, waving at me.  I rose an eyebrow, thinking there was something wrong with Niall's face.  It looked a little...Colorful.  When I got closer and I could see what it was, I almost fell over laughing.

"Oh my God Niall, what did they do to you?!"  I exclaimed, setting my computer on the kitchen counter so I didn't break it.  I heard Hailey huff, she was probably impatient, but I ignored her.