Chapter 44: Inner Awakening

Meanwhile in London, The Flareon was summoned by Transport for London for a trial drive, his request to work with the Underground was accepted. He was dressing up in the uniform twirling around happily, the when he went to fix his tie in the mirror, he saw his eyes had turned blue...

"Yahhh!" The Flareon yelped and dropped to the floor in fright.

His eyes quickly reverted back to red, London as he wondered why his eyes were turning blue. Isabel came up the stairs, she was moving in and unpacking boxes when she heard London tumble to the floor, "Are you okay?"

"I-I think I saw my eyes turn blue!" London stuttered.

"Your eyes are red goofy" Isabel replied with a chuckle.

"Issy, I'm not joking my eyes were glowing electric blue... It's weir-"

The Flareon remembered the unsettling French kiss Moonlake gave him, he cringed most likely figuring that this was the cause of Moonlake kissing him that created this effect.

"What's up?" Isabel asked curiously.

"Gah!" London shouted, blushing madly.

"Are you okay?" Isabel asked.

"Moonlake kissed me before he left, that's probably why my eyes are doing this!" London replied freaking out.

"What?!" Isabel shouted, more confused then ever.

"He surprised me! It's not like I saw it coming" London replied, the Flareon sighed.

Suddenly the Leafeon remembered something...

"Hm... Well, now I know what gem is on his necklace... Yeah, the gem on his necklace must be a Night Crystal" Isabel replied.

"A Night Crystal, what's that?" London asked, his head tilted to one side.

"Okay, so in fuedal Japan, there were two rival groups, the Moon - Atashi clan and the Sun - Kobayashi clan. These clans were such bitter rivals they did anything to insult eachother, then one day the Shogun's daughter from the Kobayashi clan fell in love with the son from the Atashi clan. The situation turned out to be like Romeo and Juliet, but here's the twist, the two explore the rainforests far from Edo. They find two gems in a temple... The daughter claims the Sun shaped necklace while the son claims the one with the moon. When they put on the necklace's they are granted powers but are soon found by both clans together, in anger they attempt to kill them both but to their surprise they are wiped out by the lovers, their fathers among those that perished. To celebrate their freedom to love eachother they got married and had pups, they grew old and died peaceful deaths, the pups each received the necklace as it was passed down from generation to generation... Most of them never really chose to use the gems powers however... By the time Japan rolled into the 1700's they suddenly stopped tracking who the necklace was passed down to. Now this is the part that concerns you, both stones have the ability to transfer the same powers and abilities to the Pokémon the gems users heart is for the most, it's spread through any type of kissing... To add to the measure your spiritually connected to that Pokémon too - in other words, your sharing his soul"

London's eyes went wide in fear, "Haha! Very funny Isabel! Hahahaha!" He laughed nervously.

"You think I just came up with that? I read books you know" Isabel replied.

"I'm not saying you did, I'm just very creeped out and scared" London answered, the Flareon was doing his best not to shake.

"Look, when is Moonlake getting back?" Isabel asked.

"He left yesterday, he's returning to England on Saturday" London replied nervously.

"Oh great... Don't tell Kovar about this, he'll go berserk" Isabel replied.

"Sure" The Flareon replied with a sigh.

Isabel sat down next to London, and wrapped her arm around him, "Hey, I know you can get through this okay?"

London took a deep breath and sighed, he thought it would be okay after all he did have Isabel to help him out if anything went wrong, he managed to smile for Isabel, "I guess it will be okay"

"That's the spirit! - Do you want Chinese food" Isabel asked.

London nodded, then Isabel went downstairs to order the food while London still sat in his room pondering how it was even possible to transfer genetic information through a gem.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" London asked himself.