Chapter 35: Graduation

Since London last visited, Moonlake and his friends excelled in ever class. Finally at the end of the month they had passed the first of three summer quarters.

"Congratulations! You have completed the first quarter of your time here. Now, the next quarter is next July, so you have plenty of time until next session. As a reminder you are ready for small deal missions, however if you at all choose an advanced mission - well, that's on you" Kovar announced, "Once again congratulations, I hope you will do well, that is all, oh remember, tell no one of this academies true intentions, doing so counts a treason, remember that"

While on way back to see London, Moonlake bumped into Devon on the train back to town, "Hi Devon! How are you?!"

"G-Good" He stuttered.

"Oh Moonlake! You scared me!" His mum said.

"Where are you guys coming from?" Moonlake asked.

"Oh Birmingham" She replied, "Where's your care taker?"

"Oh he's going to meet me at Paddington" Moonlake replied.

Devon moaned, "M-Mum? Can I hang out with Moonlake when we get back to London?" He asked, playing with his paws.

"Okay, but I'm not unpacking for you"

"What?! Mum!" Devon replied annoyed.

"Your pretty intelligent for your age Devon, you unpack then visit Moonlake. If you go now you have to unpack when you get home" She replied.

"How embarrassing" Devon moaned.

Moonlake smiled, "I'll help you!"

Devon looked up at him, "Y-You will?"

"M-Moonlake!" The mum shouted.

"It's okay Mrs. Day, friends help friends after all right?"Moonlake replied.

She was about to speak but when she realised his point, she didn't.

Later, Devon and Moonlake arrived back at London's place. London was secretly planning a suprise party for the Eevee's return home so he requested for the two to go up to Moonlake's room.

Devon took a piece of paper out of his pocket as he closed the door.

"So how was Birmingham?" Moonlake asked.

"Uh good" Devon replied, squeezing his fist.

"I know you have family there, right?" Moonlake asked.

"Yes, my aunt, uncle and cousins" Devon replied, his face red from blush.

Moonlake noticed his red face and tilted his head to one side as Devon handed him a drawing of the two together as friends, it was one of the first drawings so it was good but not as good as his current drawings, attached to it was a picture of the two as friends, the drawing and the picture were very alike, Moonlake loved it.

"Is this a gift?" Moonlake asked.

"Um yeah" Devon replied, whimpering lovingly as he felt the tension building in his heart, "I-I have another gift for you"

Moonlake was confused, "What?"

Devon took a shaky breath as he kissed Moonlake on the cheek, the Eevee gasped as Devon closed his eyes and savoured the texture of the Eevee's face. Moonlake blushed as Devon released his face.

"I somehow knew that was coming" Moonlake said.

"Did you now?" Devon replied, wrapping his arms around Moonlake's waist and resting his head on his shoulder.

"Y-Yeah, you always act so adorable when you're about to do something you've done for the first time. You've kissed a girl before soooo" Moonlake replied massaging his back.

Devon's face became warm, he was really embarrassed but he loved hearing it from Moonlake. He lifted his head and touched noses with him, squeaking nervously as he did, then he leaned in and -

The door swung open, "Suprise!!"  London, Omar, Nigel, Quinn and Melody shouted.

This made Devon jump away from Moonlake, he was frightened, but luckily Omar did not see, because if he did - let's just say the two would not have a pleasant time if they looked eachother in the eye. The Eevee was frustrated but at least he got to kiss Moonlake.

"Welcome home Moonlake!" London shouted said, rubbing his head.

"How was summer courses?" Nigel asked.

"Good, they were actually really easy" Moonlake replied, scratching his head.

"Did you make new friends?" Quinn asked.

"Y-Yeah! Sam the Pikachu, Zeni the Squirtle, Shadow the Zorua and Argent the Eevee!" Moonlake replied, "Zeni is a girl, the only one in my group actually. I'm returning next July! I loved it there!"

"What?!" Omar and Melody shouted.

"Yeah, it never hurt anyone to acquire extra knowledge" Moonlake replied.

"Oh enough talking!" London shouted, "Come on I made a cake for you buddy!"

"A-A c-cake for me?" Moonlake asked, his face red at the thought.

"Um yes?" London replied, confused.

"Oh I love you!" Moonlake replied, squeezing London, his strength crushing London worse then it used to prior to him being admitted into the academy.

"Ack Ack! Your crushing my windpipe" London wheezed.

"Oh my bad!" Moonlake replied, releasing him.

"Come on guys let's go eat!" Quinn shouted.

With that everyone went downstairs while Devon sat up there, a lovesick smile on his face.

"At least I kissed him" He whispered, then he giggled and followed everyone else downstairs.